• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Tesla and COP

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
didn't say they were hot. Just repeated what he told me at the time.

The Netherlands has a very high rate of EV adaptation and it’s climbing fast. We still have lots of family there. This is a cut and paste from google.

“The Netherlands is also one of the leading electric vehicle markets, both in Europe and globally. In 2020, 21% of all newly registered cars were battery electric vehicles (BEVs) and 4% were plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs).“

We have been there a few times visiting family. I don’t recall any of them having power issues.

Hummm now I am wondering why he told me what he did, maybe just didn't want to run a genny.

Hummm now I am wondering why he told me what he did, maybe just didn't want to run a genny.
Or he may have been poorly informed. There is a story circulating in North America right now that if any more than 3 people on a city block in North America have an electric vehicle it will black out the entire block. This is circulating all over social media...and people are believing it. I had someone at work tell me this when he saw our Tesla. And even after explaining the math to him and that it was total BS he still leaned toward the Facebook explanation.

Meh. People will eventually figure it out.

I don't buy into that. EV was not an issue in 08, or 09. as I recall that was the years I was installing Ubuntu for people at the Library.
It is just as conceivable that my memory failed and he hailed from another country, I was sure until now that he said Netherlands. But then that was a few years ago. Know this, he did tell me what he told me. The reason I didn't question is I have been told about things that I have never experienced from people I have known while living this life. An example would be the friend that told me he used to move heavy machinery on Ice Bridges in BC. Sounds a little far fetched for someone in AZ, but I took his word for it. Or the couple from BC that she told me she never had indoor plumbing as a kid and she just wasn't that old for that story.
Truth be told, I looked at a house in Moriarty,NM that didn't have any power to it.
I may have the story right, and he lives in a small community.

It is really hard to realize when we have, that some don't. I think that is what the push does not take into consideration.

Latest resources

Back