Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

The Coachmen Brand On A Scale Of 1 To 10?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Hard to give a rating. I will tell you I like my 2021 Freelander 22

I like the layout of the Mini-toy hauler/murphy bed. I use it to haul my Bicycles. (main reason I bought it).
Most of the exterior has held up well for the 45k miles I have on it. (The paint on the bumper rusted off the first year and I have replaced all the vinal bumper trim that turned brittle and fell off).
Gas milage seems good based on what others tell me. (I am not in a hurry so mainly drive 50-55 MPH.
Took me awhile to find toilet paper that would fit the dispenser. 🤣
Air conditioner works well but cycles off and on a lot.
Genset works well and I keep the Maintenace up on it.
Based on what salesmen told me someone lost the factory Key fobs, and I got stuck with cheap replacements.
Sounds like that it is a Coachman issue and happens often so watch for it. (Coachman would not admit to it.)
I replaced the plastic power switch to the bath fan with a stainless steel one.
The 24 volt Refrigerator works well but the tiny screws that hold it in place busted off and it came out of the mount. Good thing they had the safety strap in place. I had to do a temporary fix until I got to the next Home Depot. It's not going anywhere now that I reinstalled it. I will have to do a similar fix to the microwave mounting screws as well.
Someone had stolen the end caps off my awning but not a defect. I suggest a little super glue to keep them safe. I found out Blue Painters tape makes a good temp end cap.
Ford master cylinder/steering hoses blew off. Ford had a recall on them, but I never got reimbursed by ford. Was the engineer high that came up with that money saving concept? Reminded me of the horn on the turn signal. Ford makes a good product but when they screw up, they really screw up. And they don't like to admit it.
The interior looks nice but be very careful with it. It is made very cheap. I bypassed the hot water heater as I don't use it (I conserve for long stays) I never used the gas range. Gas heater works well when I use it. I like 12-volt blankets to conserve for long stays). I check the roof often and seems well made. I cut to fit 1" plywood to fit the floor of the toy hauling area. I carpeted both sides with indoor outdoor carpeting to protect the floor. It also allows me to put tiedowns for the bikes anywhere I want them. Cut another strip of carpet that goes to the rest of the coach to protect floor. looking at upgrading the house battery to Lithium and adding solar. (I found the solar ready amusing) If anyone knows if the system is set up to charge a solar house battery properly, please let me know. First motorhome I ever owned so others can comment on 1-10 rating. Good luck with your purchase. They are like boats, a money pit that makes you smile one day and cry the next. 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back