• Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

widdershins

RVF VIP
RV Year
RV Make
Four Winds 23U, ex El Monte rental
Last year my parents downsized from a 28' Airstream TT to a MB chassis class B+... With that came much smaller holding tanks. My dad is a bit of a curmudgeon (why should I pay $20 to dump my tiny tanks when the guy with 4 holding tanks pays the same?)

He we was literally dumping waste into home depot buckets, hauling it through the house to the toilet and dumping it. Yikes! I suggested a macerator pump, he said "it's gonna have to pump 80' from the front to backyard".. I pointed out only about 3' of lift... no problem at all. That same day he was at camping world, and my mom sent pictures of him with his new toy ;-).. Old dogs can learn new tricks!

Highly recommended, nice being able to pump at home... I purchased a cheap one from amazon and so far it's been great.

After realizing that with the kind of camping we do, I had no actual need to carry the pump and dedicated black hose with us. It all stays in the shed at the house. The only place I foresee needing to use it.

Same here, I have a locking deck box in front of the house right near the cleanout I use to dump. Store the pump/hose in there...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back