Forest River
RV Model
Wildcat Fifth-wheel
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford F-250.
Fulltimer
Yes
2022F.R. Wildcat 5 th wheel. I’m new to this and wondering if this is the only option for dumping holding tanks. Every time I pull or push one of these I am afraid it will break or stick in a position.

Attachments

• CC8AA429-1228-4852-9EAF-D21948B3AA2D.jpeg
    CC8AA429-1228-4852-9EAF-D21948B3AA2D.jpeg
    367.4 KB · Views: 4
2022F.R. Wildcat 5 th wheel. I’m new to this and wondering if this is the only option for dumping holding tanks. Every time I pull or push one of these I am afraid it will break or stick in a position.
We had a Cedar Creek 5th wheel for 3 years and hated the valves from day one. Forest River uses an inexpensive cable to actuate the valve, also it's a one size fits all. When I replaced mine there was so much extra it was coiled up. Almost impossible to open or close.

Couple of routes you can go; 1. replace with electric valves 2. Replace the cable with a Valterra solid wire cable kit. Which is what we did. Fair amount of work but a night and day difference. We trimmed each wire to have the shortest, smoothest action we could. Dropping the belly was a PIB.

Here's a link: Valterra Cable

The dump valve pull handles on my 2019 Montana would get really stiff from time to time, I'd shoot the shafts on the handles with wd40 and work them back and forth to free them up.

Thanks for all the ideas and help with this. Definitely will try some WD40. Plus I think I’ll look into the electric valves.

Latest resources

Back