Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

johnuw93

RVF Newbee
I am new here, as the owner of a 1998 Fleetwood Bounder 36S which I have had for about five years.

The RV is now parked in a storage lot, which got hit by a thief. The creep took my house batteries, which would not hold a charge anyway and needed replacement. The big loss is not the batteries. It's that the jerk cut all kinds of wires and I am having a heck of a time figuring out what went where. Right now, I just want to get it started, but I don't know how it's wired to replace or go around the missing wiring. When I install the chassis battery, the dash lights come on and the steps work (I have not checked on other items) but the starter doesn't turn over due to cut and missing wires.

He took what I believe was a positive battery cable running from somewhere up front to the house batteries. Without that, it's hard to see how things fit together. The cable to the starter is also cut, and I don't know where that goes; to the relay under the wheel well seems likely, but I don't know for sure. There is also a cable running from the battery box that was cut at about three feet. It seems to be the cable from the solenoid in the battery box; I don't know where the other end of it is.

Any help on how the starting and charging system for this unit is configured would be greatly appreciated.

If I am not mistaken, it is possible to start the RV without the house batteries installed. At present, that's all I need to do. If there's a workaround to achieve that, please let me know.

Cheers,

John

I am new here, as the owner of a 1998 Fleetwood Bounder 36S which I have had for about five years.

The RV is now parked in a storage lot, which got hit by a thief. The creep took my house batteries, which would not hold a charge anyway and needed replacement. The big loss is not the batteries. It's that the jerk cut all kinds of wires and I am having a heck of a time figuring out what went where. Right now, I just want to get it started, but I don't know how it's wired to replace or go around the missing wiring. When I install the chassis battery, the dash lights come on and the steps work (I have not checked on other items) but the starter doesn't turn over due to cut and missing wires.

He took what I believe was a positive battery cable running from somewhere up front to the house batteries. Without that, it's hard to see how things fit together. The cable to the starter is also cut, and I don't know where that goes; to the relay under the wheel well seems likely, but I don't know for sure. There is also a cable running from the battery box that was cut at about three feet. It seems to be the cable from the solenoid in the battery box; I don't know where the other end of it is.

Any help on how the starting and charging system for this unit is configured would be greatly appreciated.

If I am not mistaken, it is possible to start the RV without the house batteries installed. At present, that's all I need to do. If there's a workaround to achieve that, please let me know.

Cheers,

John
Welcome aboard. I am sorry to hear of your predicament. Sadly, I am unable to help you with your wiring problems. I hope someone here has a similar model that can walk you through the repair.

Darrell

Welcome aboard. I am sorry to hear of your predicament. Sadly, I am unable to help you with your wiring problems. I hope someone here has a similar model that can walk you through the repair.

Darrell
Thanks for the welcome.

I'll be taking the RV to a truck repair shop. They'll know where the wires go.

Welcome. Sorry to hear that. Hope you get it resolved quickly.

Latest resources

Back