• Commercial/Vendors welcome

This looks interesting . . .

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I can't imagine what the mexicans must think - who in the world puts a fish in a taco? Next thing ya know people will start putting pineapple in them too!

I can't imagine what the mexicans must think - who in the world puts a fish in a taco? Next thing ya know people will start putting pineapple in them too!
I know, it's crazy, right?

And what's worse is sour cream. I'm not a sour cream person, not at all. It repulses me like pineapple does others. I know I'm in the minority with that, but it's just the way I am. So you can imagine how I felt when the standard for many Mexican food items was to put sour cream on them. o_O And while it's easy to just say "leave it off", that works as well as when you tell the cashier at McDonalds to leave the cheese off the burger. You're guaranteed to get a cheese burger.

Which reminds me of the most brilliant slight-of-hand move that the McDonalds corporation ever did. And the guy who came up with it most assuredly received the McDonalds MVP award. In the beginning, you could order a hamburger or a cheese burger. Then they went to having just the hamburger, and if you wanted cheese it was $0.10 more. Then a bit later, this MVP made the most brilliant move of all, and he made everything a cheeseburger for the same price of a hamburger with cheese.

So if you just wanted a hamburger, you asked them to leave the cheese off, which they would do. They didn't lower the price any though, they just left the $0.10 piece of cheese off.

What a brilliant move! I'm willing to bet that very few people ever caught on. Millions of cheese-deleted burgers have been sold, and each one of them brought in another $0.10 of pure profit. He's probably flying around in a Gulf Stream now.

But I digress. What kind of madness are we dealing with that makes people want to put sour cream on burritos? Unbelievable . . .

And what's worse is sour cream. I'm not a sour cream person, not at all. It repulses me like pineapple does others. I know I'm in the minority with that, but it's just the way I am. So you can imagine how I felt when the standard for many Mexican food items was to put sour cream on them. o_O And while it's easy to just say "leave it off", that works as well as when you tell the cashier at McDonalds to leave the cheese off the burger. You're guaranteed to get a cheese burger.

Which reminds me of the most brilliant slight-of-hand move that the McDonalds corporation ever did. And the guy who came up with it most assuredly received the McDonalds MVP award. In the beginning, you could order a hamburger or a cheese burger. Then they went to having just the hamburger, and if you wanted cheese it was $0.10 more. Then a bit later, this MVP made the most brilliant move of all, and he made everything a cheeseburger for the same price of a hamburger with cheese.

So if you just wanted a hamburger, you asked them to leave the cheese off, which they would do. They didn't lower the price any though, they just left the $0.10 piece of cheese off.

What a brilliant move! I'm willing to bet that very few people ever caught on. Millions of cheese-deleted burgers have been sold, and each one of them brought in another $0.10 of pure profit. He's probably flying around in a Gulf Stream now.

But I digress. What kind of madness are we dealing with that makes people want to put sour cream on burritos? Unbelievable . . .

I am with you on the sour cream

But I digress. What kind of madness are we dealing with that makes people want to put sour cream on burritos? Unbelievable
Absolutely dead on!

I know that guy, and he may be at Deer Springs next year. No Gulf Stream, but he's driving a '22 London Aire.

Sonic is doing the same thing now. And, yes, it's difficult to get them to cut the cheese. (pun NOT intended)

1671711144477.jpeg

I think that recipe looks good, and I'm ok with sour cream on Mexican food (but I usually ask them to leave it off - the calories and cholesterol aren't worth it). (Bob dislikes sour cream and always skips it -I finally stopped buying it,
But I can't stand a rare steak, or over easy eggs -bloody juice or raw egg yolks running all over the plate 😖
I think it's a guy thing. And pineapples are gal things.

I take it you've never heard of al pastor?

I can't explain why but I find the sour cream somehow ties all the other flavours together. A burrito is just so much better with sour cream than one without, even if everything else is exactly the same.

I LOVE fish tacos, but ONLY at one place, who makes everything from scratch, even the corn tortillas - Asiels in Clute Tx. If you're ever in the area (why, I don't know 😆) and love comfort foord (donut hamburger anyone? 😖) it's worth a visit. Actually, many come to this area for the beaches - get your carwash at Bucee's and stop at Asiels before leaving, though.
Well...this sounded like a pretty strong recommendation, so Jeanette & I made the trip today for lunch. Wowzers! I had the fish tacos, made with catfish, and they were incredible! Also had a cup of gumbo, and had to order a bowl to go for lunch tomorrow. Jeanette had vegetable soup and a french dip sandwich, both made her happy. I even saw a donut hamburger being served at a nearby table, but won't be ordering one - looked nasty. Next time we're in the area, we'll definitely be making a stop at Asiel's. Good recommendation @bpaikman!
C0507B8F-D758-4F4C-A895-3F5F819DF7B5.jpeg

Latest resources

Back