Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Thor, Tiffin, Newmar is one actully better than the other?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I recommend you also take a look at how each manufacturer treats owners after the sale. Specifically, how their factory service centers are set up, and how owners access those service centers.

Newmar has, IMO, a world class operation in Napannee. Their new Service Center and campground are only a few years old and unquestionably state of the art. You make an appointment, show up the day before, and park in their campground. On the day of your appointment a tech shows up at your coach at 0600 and goes over everything to be done. You turn the coach over to him and he brings it back to your spot at 1400.

I watched a youtube video recently of the Tiffin operation in Red Bay. I was never so happy to own a Newmar as I was after watching that. No appointment, first come first served, show up and wait. Some owners sit and wait as long as two weeks. There is no comparison to Newmar.

Thor, I have no experience with. I know them only by reputation.
I agree. With any purchase that might require service later, I ALWAYS look at service first (and especially for electronics, I especially consider if they outsource telephone service to foreign speakers with unintelligible accents 🤣)

I prefer the hung wall construction of the Newmar and higher end Entegra Diesels. Both are better insulated too.
We've been amazed at how quiet the inside of our Newmar coach is at night. And it's relatively quiet when on the road, quieter than our old Winnebago.

It seems like all the major names have premium levels built on similar chassis. The amenities are similar if not identical at the higher end. Is there a good reason to choose one over the other two? We like the Allegro Bus but we also like the Thor Tuscany.
Any insight from this group would be appreciated.
Thanks
No experience with anything but a Newmar Mountainaire. IT IS THE BOMB

Latest resources

Back