• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Thoughts on Fleetwood Excursion 33

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
What year? What size engine? 5.9L? 6.7L?

Thank you for replying. There are several models out there for sale. A 2016 33A with 300 hp cummins. Not sure of the Litres. Might be the 6.7 because i saw another with 300 hp that was the 6.7. Also might have been the Inline 6?? Are there any better years of the Fleetwood Excursion between 2013 and 2016? Also, what about the Fleetwood Pace Arrow 33D. It has the 6.7L 300hp.
Thanks.

Thank you for replying. There are several models out there for sale. A 2016 33A with 300 hp cummins. Not sure of the Litres. Might be the 6.7 because i saw another with 300 hp that was the 6.7. Also might have been the Inline 6?? Are there any better years of the Fleetwood Excursion between 2013 and 2016? Also, what about the Fleetwood Pace Arrow 33D. It has the 6.7L 300hp.
Thanks.
I can't tell you about Fleetwood RVs specifically, but I sell Ram commercial trucks and the bodies that go on them (service bodies, dump bodies, gooseneck flat beds, etc.) to the Ram Dealers around the Southeast. These Ram trucks have the Cummins diesel in them so I'm VERY familiar with the engines you are asking about. In my opinion there is not a better diesel engine on the road. If it's a 6.7L inline 6 Cummins you won't have any engine issues unless you just happen to get a lemon which I guess could happen with any brand. I have a 2006 with the larger 8.3L Cummins so it has a little more power, but your RV length is going to be 5-8 feet shorter than my 40 footer so you can get by with a little less power. I think you'll be very happy with any RV with a Cummins engine. Stay away with the Maxxforce engines. They had problems meeting the emissions requirements and some years will be nothing but trouble.

I can't tell you about Fleetwood RVs specifically, but I sell Ram commercial trucks and the bodies that go on them (service bodies, dump bodies, gooseneck flat beds, etc.) to the Ram Dealers around the Southeast. These Ram trucks have the Cummins diesel in them so I'm VERY familiar with the engines you are asking about. In my opinion there is not a better diesel engine on the road. If it's a 6.7L inline 6 Cummins you won't have any engine issues unless you just happen to get a lemon which I guess could happen with any brand. I have a 2006 with the larger 8.3L Cummins so it has a little more power, but your RV length is going to be 5-8 feet shorter than my 40 footer so you can get by with a little less power. I think you'll be very happy with any RV with a Cummins engine. Stay away with the Maxxforce engines. They had problems meeting the emissions requirements and some years will be nothing but trouble.
Thank you for confirming for me that I should avoid the Maxforce Engine. Havent heard anything good about them yet.

Thank you for confirming for me that I should avoid the Maxforce Engine. Havent heard anything good about them yet.
I worked at an International Dealership for 15 years. I left just as the Maxxforce series of engines came out. The previous engines were the DT466's and were the best medium duty engine ever built! We had a salesman that had been with the dealership for 35 years. There was so much trouble with the Maxxforce engines that he left and went to sell Freightliners. I know several other people that left the dealerships because of those engines. Nobody wanted them.

Latest resources

Back