Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
This video came out yesterday about layoffs at Tiffin.

This market is due for a correction but its unfortunate they can’t/didn’t just find a sustainable level of production and staffing. Short term proffit seeking and the subsequent roller coaster volume and hiring is rarely a sucsessful model. It will be interesting to see who’s next and which manufacturers, if any, manage to carry on without taking this step.

By way of predictions I can see the REV group motoring along just fine because they are so disersified, and the Berkshire Hathaway companies taking a big hit. Even though Newmar was gobbled up by WBGO, that is a stable survivor in the industry so there is a good chance Newmar will weather the storm with only minor adjustments. Interesting to watch.

The most startling thing about that video to me is they are also cutting back in the service center. Surely there is enough business there to boost headcount.

He mentioned seeing 31% off on new inventory and while this may seem drastic to some, from what I’ve experienced it’s really just a return to pre-covid “normal”.

The most startling thing about that video to me is they are also cutting back in the service center. Surely there is enough business there to boost headcount.
Cutting back on service strikes me as strange.

Anecdotally it seems service is still in high demand across the industry, especially with all the “hastily” made units the past 2.5 years.

Or is parts availability still limited, causing a backup in service?

A couple months ago talked to the service area at one of the REV group factories and their factory service center was already booked out through March.

Cutting back on service at the Tiffin facility really makes no sense. Looking at various posts, over time, it is not uncommon to hear people talking about sitting in a RV CG for several weeks, or more, waiting for their turn to get work done. This is especially the case if you are out of warranty. In warranty people still have along wait too it sees. And, if this is th case, why would you lay off service people? 31% "discounts" is more like almost back to what a rig should cost. RV lots around here are pretty full and winter had just gotten started good, so no big buyers out there right now.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back