Time for new tires - 275/80R 22.5

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I didn't know Diesel Kleen was that expensive. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, glad you got the new tires situation resolved. Having good tires under the coach is critical, IMHO.

TJ

I didn't know Diesel Kleen was that expensive. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
As I recall, the ad said, "get a free set of tires with every purchase of Diesel kleen"... or something like that. ;)

It's time to invest in some new rubber for Mr. Phaeton. I've not bought tires for a Class A motor home before and a couple of questions have come up.
  1. As long as the tires are all the same size, how important that all of the tires be made by the same manufacture?
  2. How important is it that the front two tires be "steer" tires?
  3. An suggestions on brand? I don't want junk tires on my MH, but the pricing of these monster ovals of black gold is between $365.00 - $600.00 per tire. Times 6 and that can be a large variation.
TIA,

Jim
Don’t know if you are still looking, but I purchased the wrong Tires and am offering six Toyota 245/75 22.5 14 ply tires at significant discount. Very good reviews for Michelin replacement. $1500 for all six
[email protected]

Very interesting read. On my C, the Michelin’s were all cracked at 4 years. Tires are always covered. MH sits in the driveway for six months at a time. All of my chassis work is done ata local light truck service center. The Michelin’s were change to Cooper. The tire guy said he was tired if replacing cracked Michelins. The Coopers rode just as nice as the Michelin’s.

On the current A, I am thinking of Toyo’s when the time comes as well. So, I would really be interested in seeing how these perform and hold up.

We just put new Nexen Roadian CT8 HL tires on our Class C. They have a load rating around 3,200 pounds and they are affordable.

Latest resources

Back