Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Bounder@2015

RVF Newbee
Back in 2000 year I owned a 31 foot Gulfstream conquest with a large slide on the drivers side.
When we went out and not really loaded heavy we would have tire issues and blew about 5 tires over the years on the rear. I always made sure that the tires were not too old and the proper inflation was in the tires and we had an E rated tire. After research and weighing I found that Gulfstream had the margin of overload so close that when i put a 6 pack and my wife in the Motorhome I was overloaded on the rears. We are again looking at purchasing a class C and have it in the back of my mind all the troubles that this issue caused me. Not to mention the safety aspect of blowing a tire at the wrong time. Does the industry still have this issue? May persuade me to stay away from the longest unit to a shorter unit. Any information is greatly appreciated.
PS:
On the conquest i finally purchased some steel belted tires with the same weight rating but the tire company was using on utility body trucks and found them to hold up better. They rode terrible but solved my problem for the short time I owned it afterwards. Thanks

Back in 2000 year I owned a 31 foot Gulfstream conquest with a large slide on the drivers side.
When we went out and not really loaded heavy we would have tire issues and blew about 5 tires over the years on the rear. I always made sure that the tires were not too old and the proper inflation was in the tires and we had an E rated tire. After research and weighing I found that Gulfstream had the margin of overload so close that when i put a 6 pack and my wife in the Motorhome I was overloaded on the rears. We are again looking at purchasing a class C and have it in the back of my mind all the troubles that this issue caused me. Not to mention the safety aspect of blowing a tire at the wrong time. Does the industry still have this issue? May persuade me to stay away from the longest unit to a shorter unit. Any information is greatly appreciated.
PS:
On the conquest i finally purchased some steel belted tires with the same weight rating but the tire company was using on utility body trucks and found them to hold up better. They rode terrible but solved my problem for the short time I owned it afterwards. Thanks
Back in 2000 I owned a 36ft 5th wheel from Gulfstream. I had tire issues as well with them blowing out. I mentioned it to someone and he asked if I had the axels on the trailer aligned. I never heard of it before. I ended up going to a truck repair shop. The found all three axles out of alignment. Once that was fixed I never had a problem.

Latest resources

Back