RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40"
TOW/TOAD
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Fulltimer
No
Trying to fine information on what tire pressure I should be using. Newgle says Newmar doesn’t supply - they punt to the tire manufacturer - Michelin.

is there a chart to use based of weights?

I have a hard time with the calculations - confusing to me.

I have a hard time with the calculations - confusing to me.
You have your tire size and type, find that chart. Then you have either single wheel or dual, your drive axle will be the dual. You can use the highest weight on each axle to find the recommended pressure and use it for both sides.

Example: Front Tires are 365/70R22.5 XZA
Axle weight front left 9380# front right 9260#
Use the FL 9380# and go over to the column that is greater than actual weight (9480) then go up to get the pressure which in this case is 110psi

Hope this helps

7B6D60FA-1C1B-4549-8475-F0C3E5F458B3.png

And for weights you might consider a CAT Scale at many truck stops. CAT Scale Apps | CAT Scale
The only problem we’ve had with CAT scales is that they usually can’t (or won’t) do corner weights. You will get axle weights. In that case, a good rule of thumb is to use 55% of an individual axle weight as a “corner weight.” It isn’t as good as getting actual corner weights, but will get you reasonably close.

TJ

The only problem we’ve had with CAT scales is that they usually can’t (or won’t) do corner weights. You will get axle weights. In that case, a good rule of thumb is to use 55% of an individual axle weight as a “corner weight.” It isn’t as good as getting actual corner weights, but will get you reasonably close.

TJ
Agreed, but better than operating in the dark. I usually add 5psi from the chart just to allow for any number of variables plus cooler temps in the morning.

There is a metal small plaque usually on the drivers side that shows the weight and pressure on the original tires from Newmar.

Attachments

• image0.png
    image0.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 13

Latest resources

Back