• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Tire pressure

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Regarding checking tire pressure on the inside tire of the rear duals, can you easily reach the inside valve stem with the typical trucker extension air chuck?
Yes. With the TireMinder, checking the inside dual is cake. Now…removing the TPMS sensor…not so much. 😖

Love this one…
Amazon product ASIN B01301305W

It’s much easier if you have alligator caps on.

Regarding checking tire pressure on the inside tire of the rear duals, can you easily reach the inside valve stem with the typical trucker extension air chuck?
You can but I have extensions with rubber isolators (secured with vhb take on the mating surface). But I think I’ve read that new units are being supplied without extensions. Is that correct? If so you’d need the long tire pressure gauge.

This is what happens when the isolators fail:
IMG_0580.jpegIMG_0347.jpeg
I now carry spare extensions and isolators and check them daily. Also these are the “ new and improved” isolators that supposedly solved the problem but I‘m not convinced.
IMG_2392.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0579.jpeg
    IMG_0579.jpeg
    744.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0581.jpeg
    IMG_0581.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
You can but I have extensions with rubber isolators (secured with vhb take on the mating surface). But I think I’ve read that new units are being supplied without extensions. Is that correct? If so you’d need the long tire pressure gauge.

This is what happens when the isolators fail:
View attachment 20499View attachment 20504
I now carry spare extensions and isolators and check them daily. Also these are the “ new and improved” isolators that supposedly solved the problem but I‘m not convinced.
View attachment 20505
INCREDIBLY important to have the rubber "stabilizers" on, like you've shown!!!

I, along with pretty much everyone I've known that runs extensions with external TPMS Sensors have had BAD problems; like the ones you've shown!

That weight on the extensions is just too much. And, I found how hard it was to find the BEST quality stems, extensions, and...even harder...the proper stabilizers for our ALCOAs, which have a chrome plating.. Yikes!

"Wrote a little video 'bout it...wanna know how it goes?" LOL

My first RV roadside emergency was an inside rear drive tire losing air from a leaking valve stem extension. Major PIA but, after repair, we were able to complete the trip without further issues.
A year or so later, traveling solo to NYC, the Towed suffered a similar fate but on a standard new rubber valve stem. Luckily the TPMS alerted me to the low Towed tire and I was able to get it repaired. Immediately changed the rubber stems for metal valve stems used on competition automobile vehicles.
The TPMS sensors cause all sorts of issues...

You can but I have extensions with rubber isolators (secured with vhb take on the mating surface). But I think I’ve read that new units are being supplied without extensions. Is that correct?
On our 22 Superstar that is correct, no extensions on the inner duals.

North Trail added them at our request with the rubber isolators etc.

Latest resources

Back