Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question To Dishwasher or Not in your new motorhome?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Would you get a dishwasher in your new motorhome? Those that have it would you do it again? Those that don't are you considering it? The main issue I see is two big drawers for storage are lost with a dishwasher. Being someone that cannot be cured of the inability to pack light is highly concerned about loss of drawer space yet hates doing dishes and lives off of paper and plastic.

I’m getting one in my new coach...was the first option box I checked. I hate doing dishes, too. I will have the Euro Dinette, so hopeful my Magma cookware will fit in one of those big drawers under the seats.

Yeah, I figured if I got it I would just adapt.

Just got a quote from Newmar to install. Thinking of doing it myself. We miss not having one.

We have one and cannot imagine not having it...in our minds it is a "must have" just like the washer/dryer. I guess that's why people call it Glamping!

Had one for 11 years in our old coach. DW said she wouldn’t be without it so our DS has one. As a side note, we replaced the one in our first coach after 9-10 years of use. Our local appliance store, from whom we purchased the unit, had no problem installing the unit in a Motorcoach. If you want one installed you might try this route.

Have one - as a full time family we wouldn’t do without it or the washer and dryer. The alternative is using disposable cutlery and dishware and doing pots and pans in your sink. Doing it in the sink is far less efficient when it comes to resource utilization (water and time) to say nothing of the major suckfest that doing dishes is.

I'm in the minority...didn't add it when I ordered mine and at this point wouldn't add one if I ordered another. I'm not a fan of doing dishes but I like my drawer space...and it's just me (and my mom sometimes) so I don't have a lot to do each time.

We did not order a dishwasher in our 2018 MADP because of the huge loss of storage space. We didn't have one in our 2014 Ventana LE either, so we don't miss what we've never had. LadyDi and I take turns washing the relatively few dishes we use and that seems to work well for us. And, much of our cooking is done outdoors on the grill.

Would we order a dishwasher in the next coach...if there is a "next coach" (we are quite satisfied with the 2018 MADP)? Nope! We don't feel we need one, and it is just something else to have go wrong. There is something to be said for the simple things in life!

TJ

I will add that if it were just DW and myself, we probably would consider skipping the dishwasher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back