Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question To Dishwasher or Not in your new motorhome?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had one in our ‘17 and we liked it. Didn’t use it all the time. Found it to be very efficient with the water. Ordered one for the new coach.

We did not order it in our new Canyon Star. "DW" said she would prefer the added storage. That said, were we "full time", I could see having it. Just the 2 of us, so not that many dishes to wash! When we have friends, etc, for a meal, we usually use "disposables"!
Everyone has their own opinion!

I love mine. It's efficient on water. I don't know if I would have made effective use of the extra storage space I'd otherwise have, and I'd curse every time I had to do the dishes (which would inevitably pile up and make using the kitchen annoying). Between this and the W&D, the ONLY thing I miss about living fulltime in the RV is a garbage disposal.

Wouldn't be without the dishwasher, even when not washing dishes makes great place to hide dirty plates:)

We love our dishwasher! All of our pots and pans fit in there really nice and since the door locks we are confident that it will never fly open when going down the road. Not sure how it actually performs washing or drying dishes since we have never turned it on.

We would not have gotten one in our 2017 DS if we had ordered but since we bought coach off the lot. Used it for storage at first, then tried it out and found used less water than when dishes were hand washed.

Wouldn’t want to be without now?

Reactions: ARD
We love our dishwasher! All of our pots and pans fit in there really nice and since the door locks we are confident that it will never fly open when going down the road. Not sure how it actually performs washing or drying dishes since we have never turned it on.

We discovered the door only locks when the dishwasher has power (either shore or generator). If the unit does not have power and the door is closed, it will not lock and WILL fly open during travel and some plastic parts can and will break.

Didn't realize that. At any rate it has never opened while traveling.

Yes and there's lock and REALLY lock. You have to push and hold lock for a while until it beeps and you hear the mechanism engage. At that point, you can't open the drawer without considerable force.

This is one of the reasons that the very last thing I do before I leave is disconnect from shore power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For sale: hardly used dishwasher, would trade for dark cabinet doors;)
When we do use it the DW thinks the grey valve needs to be open, is that necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back