Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Sdbusman

RVF Newbee
I am looking at a 2020 Jayco Precept 31ul with 32000 miles. Is this too many miles for this unit?
Seems like it was driven alot in just 2 years.

Had my 2017 DS for 4 1/2 years and have 45k on it. We are not full timers, just like to travel.

How much do you plan to drive it, each year? It should go over 100,000. If you only drive 5,000 miles a year, you will likely be rid of it at that point if not before.

You may also want to get an oil analysis and RVIA certified inspection.

That's 16,000 miles per year, a lot for a part timer but not outrageous for a full timer who wanted to see the country. Don't know what engine it has but most these days will go well over 100,000 miles with no problem assuming they are serviced properly. If it's in good shape (have it inspected), and meets your needs I would go for it.

I am looking at a 2020 Jayco Precept 31ul with 32000 miles. Is this too many miles for this unit?
Seems like it was driven alot in just 2 years.
I guess for me it would depend when it was put into service (sold to original owner). I would get that date from the dealer. For one thing it will tell you how much if any of the original factory warranty could be left.

Do yourself a favor and test drive that unit when it is a little windy out. Take it out on the open road and see what you think. We test drove one several years ago when shopping for a gas coach and in a 20mph cross wind I couldn't hardly keep the unit in a lane of traffic.

I agree with rjwilliams11741. Not a lot of miles for someone on a mission to see the country. 16,000 a year is not bad.

At the very least have it inspected by a competent mechanic and RV technician. Engine will need a compression test and oil analyses by black stone lab to see if it is damaged. Make sure the engine does not have turbos. They are for racing on gas engines and not for reliability. Check all fluids and maint records.

Latest resources

Back