Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Im looking to buy a Class C motorhome, any sugestions.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Chico71cuba

RVF Regular
Im looking to buy a Class C motorhome, Im new to the Rving live, looking to buy something that I can boondocking and parking in local parks to, any sugestions. like gas or disel, fuel saver, or best for long trips,,need and expert here, thanks

A lot to think about. We went from a 35’ fifth wheel to a class C. We wanted something easier to set up, easy to drive and a smaller package. Most C’s will be gas, an another size is called super C and are diesel. Too large of a rig can control where you can stay. You should be fine with a C.
Slides, do you want slides and how many.
Most all motorhomes will have an on board generator to help with power with no shore power. A lot of people that boon dock have solar and battery upgrades. Lithium batteries are I think the best for this. I’m no expert on solar.
Annual maintenance needs to be thought about now. Class C is relatively low cost to own, but at some point there will be more maintenance, tires for one.
Things will go wrong so expect that, no rig is problem free. There are several members here that can help. Look at RV Trader to find what rigs are selling for in your area. From what I have seen, dealers seem to be full. Most lots I have seen have high inventory so shop around.
Maybe this will give you something to think about and other will respond. Good lock.

Welcome to the group.

One more thought. Hire an inspector to check out before you buy. We bought our C new and did not really think about an inspection. We could have used an inspector. Used or new I would hire an inspector.

A lot to think about. We went from a 35’ fifth wheel to a class C. We wanted something easier to set up, easy to drive and a smaller package. Most C’s will be gas, an another size is called super C and are diesel. Too large of a rig can control where you can stay. You should be fine with a C.
Most all motorhomes will have an on board generator to help with power with no shore power. A lot of people that boon dock have solar and battery upgrades. Lithium batteries are I think the best for this. I’m no expert on solar.
Annual maintenance needs to be thought about now. Class C is relatively low cost to own, but at some point there will be more maintenance, tires for one.
Things will go wrong so expect that, no rig is problem free. There are several members here that can help. Look at RV Trader to find what rigs are selling for in your area. From what I have seen, dealers seem to be full. Most lots I have seen have high inventory so shop around.
Maybe this will give you something to think about and other will respond. Good lock.

Welcome to the group.

One more thought. Hire an inspector to check out before you buy. We bought our C new and did not really think about an inspection. We could have used an inspector. Used or new I would hire an inspector.
I have to give you a big thank you for your response and help....it is highly appreciated...thank you again

Welcome to the group.

I am new to the forum and looking to buy a class C as I will be selling my home and living in this full-time! So after reading your response that’s helpful but it leaves me with one question where do you go about finding an inspector for an RV??

Im looking to buy a Class C motorhome, Im new to the Rving live, looking to buy something that I can boondocking and parking in local parks to, any sugestions. like gas or disel, fuel saver, or best for long trips,,need and expert here, thanks
New or Used, Learn from my mistake & Hire a professional inspector . And my experience says Request a Thorough examination of the roof & electrical system. Do Not Expect that New product will equate "hassle free" Indeed in my case it has been precisely the opposite. As to Boondocking,, Nowadays, like @John&Andrea suggest, Invest in a Quality Lithium based system,, My <pretty extensive> experience boondocking, esp in the winter, is the DC to DC charger is way more important than Solar input. Good Luck in your search..

I am new to the forum and looking to buy a class C as I will be selling my home and living in this full-time! So after reading your response that’s helpful but it leaves me with one question where do you go about finding an inspector for an RV??

How is the search for your RV going?

I am not going to make suggestions on C class MHs. I just want to give you something to think about!

Surely you have heard about stealth camping? The idea is to slip under the radar of law enforcement! If the parks you bring up, are RVparks, then 10 years old will be on the outside limits.

If you're thinking city parks, think again!!! Although in some towns this is allowed, most places frown on the practice, and a late night visit will have you moving on. When the choice to not enforce these mandates came into play things like the LA discussion come to light.

Boondocking covers more than one point of view. All the way from street parking, parking lot overnights to forest or public land camping. The most enjoyable, and, sometimes only "legal" method!!!

This dissertation is to help you understand, your choices may have a flaw you can avoid!!!

Latest resources

Back