Question Toilet paper shortage again?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Ju
Thanks, folks, for the input. I'm going to see if I can find any Charmin Ultrasoft like we use in the S&B and do the dissolve test. If it looks good, we will switch over to it. If it doesn't, we'll try the AngelSoft @Buly suggested.

Being over at our Polson place doesn't give me access to the supply from the S&B, so we need at least a temporary solution for the next month-and-a-half.

TJ
Just make sure it is the ultra soft not the ultra strong Charmin and you will have no problems.

With the temperature lag in the water heating systems in motorhomes, I can just image some uplifting moments. :ROFLMAO:

TJ
It’s a good point however many bidet seats or washlets I believe is the better term, heat the water for you. This is why most require access to a power source.

It’s a good point however many bidet seats or washlets I believe is the better term, heat the water for you. This is why most require access to a power source.
Yikes! :oops: You have to sit on a 120V device with your bare...well, you know? Sounds like an electric chair. :ROFLMAO:

Think we'll pass.

TJ

Ju

Just make sure it is the ultra soft not the ultra strong Charmin and you will have no problems.

Try "Cottonelle Ultra Comfort Care ".
It does pass the dissolve test and it's nice and soft too!?

Here in Eastern Wa State, toilet paper has been plentiful for a couple months now.
It's now bathroom spray air fresheners (Febreeze, Glade) that have been almost impossible to find.
Kind of makes you wonder!:poop:

I did the "dissolve test" on some Charmin Ultra Soft (thanks to @J&JD) for providing the test samples).

Procedure: dropped three separated sheets into a large jar of cold water and capped it.

Test #1 was to immediately shake the jar and observe the results. The samples were obviously wet, but did not break down.

Test #2 was to let the samples soak, undisturbed, for a couple of hours, then shake vigorously. They broke down into small pieces on the first vigorous shake. A subsequent vigorous shake resulted in some additional breakdown, but nothing really significant.

Test #3 was to let the sample fragments soak in the jar for an additional couple of hours. Another vigorous shake did not produce a further significant breakdown. Upon draining most of the water from the jar while retaining most of the sample fragments, they were reduced to a light, pulpy consistency that I believe would easily flow through the Sani-Con pump.

My conclusion is that Charmin Ultra Soft passed the test and is safe to use in mascerating toilets and Sani-Con systems. Please note that this test evaluated only Charmin Ultra Soft toilet paper and is not applicable to other, similar Charmin products.

TJ

And just the other day someone was asking me what sets this site apart from the rest.

For those of us with macerator toilets (i.e. Dometic 8700) I see the situation a bit different regarding the test method. In my view a critical piece of the usability info is does it get through the toilet macerator pump? In most cases the TP is only going to be in the water for a very short time before the flush. Now I've recently had the pleasure of dismantling my 8700 to remove a wayward wipe that was wrapped around the macerator/pump blades. Based on my experience you will know based on the sound of the flush if the TP has cleared the macerator/pump. The good news is the 8700 macerator/pump blade is sitting in water between flushes so if some TP should happen to not clear on the initial flush, my though is as long as it has a tendency to break down in water it should work fine. I've seen a U-Tube TP test where Sams member mark TP was tested and seemed to break down pretty good, along the lines of @TJ&LadyDi test results. Since the Sams TP is what we use at the sticks and bricks I'm switching to that in the coach. If it turns into a big fail I'll be back with an update. If you don't hear back from me, no news is good news.

For those of us with macerator toilets (i.e. Dometic 8700) I see the situation a bit different regarding the test method. In my view a critical piece of the usability info is does it get through the toilet macerator pump? In most cases the TP is only going to be in the water for a very short time before the flush. Now I've recently had the pleasure of dismantling my 8700 to remove a wayward wipe that was wrapped around the macerator/pump blades. Based on my experience you will know based on the sound of the flush if the TP has cleared the macerator/pump. The good news is the 8700 macerator/pump blade is sitting in water between flushes so if some TP should happen to not clear on the initial flush, my though is as long as it has a tendency to break down in water it should work fine. I've seen a U-Tube TP test where Sams member mark TP was tested and seemed to break down pretty good, along the lines of @TJ&LadyDi test results. Since the Sams TP is what we use at the sticks and bricks I'm switching to that in the coach. If it turns into a big fail I'll be back with an update. If you don't hear back from me, no news is good news.
Two years of flushing Charmin Ultra through both our macerators without a problem (X?)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back