Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4326
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford F-150
Fulltimer
Yes
Dometic toilets come with a wooden seat painted to match but the paint is thinner than a sheet of paper and scratches very easily. So easily in fact, we scratched ours on the first day the very first time we lifted the seat. We’ve since put felt pads on the wall where the toilet lid makes contact to prevent the scratch from getting any worse, but we’d also like to just flat out replace it.

DW ordered up a nice, universal fit toilet seat that apparently wasn’t so universal. It was close. We could get the bolts aligned (barely), but then the seat was not elongated enough and didn’t match the profile of the toilet base. I’ve not grabbed another one because I expect the same results from any other seat since I think Dometic’s elongated base dimensions are non-standard.

We also had bidet seats in the S&B and boy, did we like those. But other than Dometic’s $1,000 toilet, I’ve not been able to find any bidet seats that would likely be compatible.

1. Has anyone found a bidet seat that is compatible with their dometic toilet?
2. Has anyone found a non-dometic replacement seat that is compatible with their dometic toilet?

What Dometic do you have ? These days there is a bunch of parts that you can buy on Amazon and EBay. Chinese companies are getting into the RV game and making after market ones.

Latest resources

Back