Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 340 hp
TOW/TOAD
2013 Subaru Crosstrek - manual, flat tow
Fulltimer
No
We got an EEZ TPMS system this month and immediately had all kinds of issues. PPLmotorhomes, where we used to get all our service, couldn't help - We meant to buy it through them and have them install it and set it up and ready to go but they couldn't handle it!
So after doing a lot of research, I ordered this system through Amazon.
the tires are new - we had replaced all the tires when we bought the motorhome in September _ the only tires we could get at that time were Goodyear, which seem fine, but they had rubber stems. We decided to have them replaced with metal.
We had that done at a local tire shop we've used for decades ($35) and when we got it back, we couldn't access all the stems! (some weren't visible - they were behind the wheel cover, which is h*** to remove and replace, just to check pressure). So we took it to a commercial-type truck tire center and they fixed all that, so now we can access all the stems. ($50).
We'll be setting up the system FINALLY this week.
Just sharing fun issues we've faced, that we couldn't foresee. 😄

We got an EEZ TPMS system this month and immediately had all kinds of issues. PPLmotorhomes, where we used to get all our service, couldn't help - We meant to buy it through them and have them install it and set it up and ready to go but they couldn't handle it!
So after doing a lot of research, I ordered this system through Amazon.
the tires are new - we had replaced all the tires when we bought the motorhome in September _ the only tires we could get at that time were Goodyear, which seem fine, but they had rubber stems. We decided to have them replaced with metal.
We had that done at a local tire shop we've used for decades ($35) and when we got it back, we couldn't access all the stems! (some weren't visible - they were behind the wheel cover, which is h*** to remove and replace, just to check pressure). So we took it to a commercial-type truck tire center and they fixed all that, so now we can access all the stems. ($50).
We'll be setting up the system FINALLY this week.
Just sharing fun issues we've faced, that we couldn't foresee. 😄

I installed a TPMS on my (then) motorhome. I had to cut the beauty ring on the front tires so that I could get at the transmitter to add/remove air or to replace the batteries in the sending unit. Turned out the brand I bought were garbage and were predictable only in that they were unpredictable. :-(

I could never trust them and no trip was free from a false alarm. Final straw was when the front drivers side unit failed and let all the air out of the tire. Luckily, I was parked at the campground at the time. Took the rest of the sending units off and chucked the whole affair.

I bought mine off Amazon. It was attractively priced and had great reviews. Guess mine was just a turkey because a whole bunch of other people seemed to like it.

Last edited:
I installed a TPMS on my (then) motorhome. I had to cut the beauty ring on the front tires so that I could get at the transmitter to add/remove air or to replace the batteries in the sending unit. Turned out the brand I bought were garbage and were predictable only in that they were unpredictable. :-(

I could never trust them and no trip was free from a false alarm. Final straw was when the front drivers side unit failed and let all the air out of the tire. Luckily, I was parked at the campground at the time. Took the rest of the sending units off and chucked the whole affair.

I bought mine off Amazon. It was attractively priced and had great reviews. Guess mine was just a turkey because a whole bunch of other people seemed to like it.
I hope it wasn't the same brand that I got.... off Amazon. Ours is the EEZ I think.. that's funny you should mention the beauty ring. My husband didn't know what to call it we called it the wheel cover. He was out there with an electric cutter, ithe same reason as you, and he cut his knuckle pretty badly. He wanted to go to an emergency clinic but those were full of Covid patients. so I took him home, cleaned and bandaged the wound, and he's healing quite nicely. ..
We took it to the commercial truck tire place and they fixed them all, cheap.

He was out there with an electric cutter, ithe same reason as you, and he cut his knuckle pretty badly. He wanted to go to an emergency clinic but those were full of Covid patients. so I took him home, cleaned and bandaged the wound, and he's healing quite nicely. ..
Ouch!

I was originally drawn to this TPMS because the monitor was solar powered. But the problem with this whole solar power deal was that the monitor/display had to sit way up on the dash to be in the sun. And when it was way up there, it was hard to read the display. Even harder to hear the alarms (beeps) when it decided to (incorrectly) warn you of a over heating tire or a deflating tire.

Anyhow, good luck with yours. When they work they are certainly a lifesaver.

Ouch!

I was originally drawn to this TPMS because the monitor was solar powered. But the problem with this whole solar power deal was that the monitor/display had to sit way up on the dash to be in the sun. And when it was way up there, it was hard to read the display. Even harder to hear the alarms (beeps) when it decided to (incorrectly) warn you of a over heating tire or a deflating tire.

Anyhow, good luck with yours. When they work they are certainly a lifesaver.
yikes...Well, we finally got it set up yesterday, and the monitor has lithium batteries that are rechargeable. With 2 different types of powere cords (we haven't figured out thr second one), and it's good for 60 hours. Another slap bracelet to put on the steering wheel, haha (our daughter gave us a set of slap bracelet reminders for Christmas). It seems to work well, and Bob's loving it. However, time will tell.

Heads up. My TST 507 has been extremely reliable.

I have the EEZ Tire TPMS system and I bought it as much for the size and shape of the display as anything. Its been relible, wasn’t to much of a learning curve setting it up, but I did find the repeater was necessary to improved the system reliability. I have metal valve stems on aluminum wheels with extenders on the inner rears.

Shouldn't need a repeater on a 35’ coach, but Im told there is so much other electronic stuff on the rig that there could be a lot of interference. Not being an expert, I’ll just have to accpet that possibility. But other than that, no complaints.

One item worthy of note was that one of my valve stem extenders was rubbing on the wheel. This was discovered when getting new tires. If it had gone on much longer, it would have worn through and allowed the tire to deflate. Something to look into if its a possibility on your rig. Mine have rubber isolators that are supposed to prevent this but they easily get out of position allowing the issue to occur.

Attachments

• 0C8D733A-E7A2-4B58-BDAE-7C4E5011DB38.jpeg
    0C8D733A-E7A2-4B58-BDAE-7C4E5011DB38.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • 0932DC67-79C8-4E16-B419-8AB1B2A4A254.jpeg
    0932DC67-79C8-4E16-B419-8AB1B2A4A254.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • E9CE8284-BFFE-448B-83F0-00AD8554C428.jpeg
    E9CE8284-BFFE-448B-83F0-00AD8554C428.jpeg
    358.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 87F615FA-6A95-4310-BECC-0BE2C51AAC75.jpeg
    87F615FA-6A95-4310-BECC-0BE2C51AAC75.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
I also had to get the repeater when one of my inner tire extensions came off somewhere. Before the repeater that tire only would eventually connect but not reliably. The other inner with the remaining extension is fine, receive reading while static as well as running. Called both Newmar and Freightliner for replacement and they were both unwilling to sell me something as this was “an active campaign”. I did not receive a recall like others.

At this point I am waiting to see what happens.

I have the EEZ Tire TPMS system and I bought it as much for the size and shape of the display as anything. Its been relible, wasn’t to much of a learning curve setting it up, but I did find the repeater was necessary to improved the system reliability. I have metal valve stems on aluminum wheels with extenders on the inner rears.

Shouldn't need a repeater on a 35’ coach, but Im told there is so much other electronic stuff on the rig that there could be a lot of interference. Not being an expert, I’ll just have to accpet that possibility. But other than that, no complaints.

One item worthy of note was that one of my valve stem extenders was rubbing on the wheel. This was discovered when getting new tires. If it had gone on much longer, it would have worn through and allowed the tire to deflate. Something to look into if its a possibility on your rig. Mine have rubber isolators that are supposed to prevent this but they easily get out of position allowing the issue to occur.
This is a HUGE PROBLEM!!!!! The sensors put a lot of stres on extensions and cause them to fail; sometimes catastrophically!

Hence…my video:
Prevent Valve Stem Leaks with Alcoa Stabilizers | Pressure Pro TPMS | Newell School

Always use metal valve stems with TPMS. My previous MH cam with plastic valve stem extenders fir the duallies. one cracked and leaked before I even got to install the TPMS.

Latest resources

Back