• Commercial/Vendors welcome

TPMS Issues - Gen 1 -- NHTSA Recall Campaign

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Also I chose EEZTire as much for its flat back for mounting as anything (used VHB tape to mount it on the left lower dash) and it works just fine. Cheaper than some of the others although I needed the repeater for a 35’ coach for reliability, but I’m satisfied.

Also I chose EEZTire
I use the EEZ TPMS as well. I have the old monitor and want to upgrade to the new color one. Do you have it and/or like it? Thanks.

Flashing Lights Police GIF by Alex Sheyn

Let's keep thread on track please. Start a new thread as needed.

Updated 12 Days after Initial Filing:

Today I received a phone call from Newmar. NHTSA submitted my name and the fact that I had a filing with the NHTSA regarding a safety issue. This is the first stage of an investigation.

I provided newmar with the details of the complaint and all of the information I provided to the NHTSA.

This campaign is tracking much faster than the campaign I started in 2013 for the dash lights. That campaign took over 18 months before Newmar was contacted and reached out to me.

If you are having a problem with your OEM NEWMAR TPMS, even if you have an aftermarket system (as you should for now)..you need to let the NHTSA know!!

Newmar is now aware of the problem as of 2:00pm CST today 10/17/2022. Lets make sure they understand how big this problem is.

RB - any update on this effort? I have heard nothing. My 2020 Mountain Aire has had the antenna moved, 6-8 reprograming attempts, often on the same day. Firmware upgrade at least once. Random sensors will not report, and what does report changes by the minute/hour/day. Have never seen all 8 sensors on the coach working at once for more than a few minutes. After last antenna move, the tag axle reports, but the outer drive wheels are blank 75% of the time. It is so wonderful to have a warning on the dash almost all the time... makes the driver learn to ignore warnings.....

Crickets...last time it took 13 months, so it's still early. More people reporting will help push it thru the system, but it does take time.

What generation was used in your 2022?

Who is the manufacturer of the TPMS system of concern?
Are these TPMS sensors in tire mounted or stem mounted? Flow thru or cap type?
We are integrating with TireView and TSTechnology branded TPMS hardware.
Is there a repeater in the Newmar spec'd system?
Is it CAN or RV-C protocol?
BTW, we now have both CAN and RV-C TPMS integration working nicely in myServer 6 control system.

Latest resources

Back