Forest River
RV Model
Wildcat Fifth-wheel
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford F-250.
Fulltimer
Yes
Never heard of a TPS until I started reviewing camping / RV forums. Recently purchased the TST 507. I have a 2022 FR Wildcat 5th wheel. 36.5 foot pulling with a Ford F-250. Rubber stems so using the sensor caps.

Do you recommend I use the repeater and how should I install it if I do? I am not real handy and not comfortable doing a direct wire to install. If I just put it in my front baggage and put the wires directly on the battery post will that work? Will that drain the battery or cause any issues?
Thanks.

Im using a repeater in a 35’ coach. Technically shouldnt need one but it (EEZ Tire) wouldnt read the rear sensors reliably. Someone said maybe it was interference from all the other electronic stuff on board. Anyway now it works and it was easy enough to find a fused 12v house battery bank source. Its on all the time but it draws so little voltage I dont think it could ever run the batteries down. The TST unit probably has specs listed so you can judge the power draw.

When I had a fifth wheel I hooked it up direct to the battery in the front compartment.

Never heard of a TPS until I started reviewing camping / RV forums. Recently purchased the TST 507. I have a 2022 FR Wildcat 5th wheel. 36.5 foot pulling with a Ford F-250. Rubber stems so using the sensor caps.

Do you recommend I use the repeater and how should I install it if I do? I am not real handy and not comfortable doing a direct wire to install. If I just put it in my front baggage and put the wires directly on the battery post will that work? Will that drain the battery or cause any issues?
Thanks.
I have mine directly wired to the house batteries.

I wired mine into the hot side of the light in the basement. Off with the 12v switch. it has a line switch I can turn off when camping.

Thanks.
I also have the 507. I wired my repeater through a switch directly to my house battery. 6-7 thousand miles. No problems.

Latest resources

Back