• Commercial/Vendors welcome

TPS Monitors

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@MapNerd, i was interested in the PressurePro solution, so I called them, and was told you need to run a coax antenna under the MH that goes up to the dash to connect to their head unit/controller type thingy? Makes it sound like more trouble to install then the TST unit. (running a wire underneath up into the dash area etc..). I'm not that handy and feel i could handle the TST install (just install their repeater in the coach battery area). What was your experience with the install?
It’s true but it was easy.

I pulled out the two drawers in the dash front and the plastic alcove they sit inside. With that out, you’ve got pretty good access to everything under the center of the dash, including the hole in the firewall where Newmar runs their own stuff. It’s just a hole with a bunch of wires that has been sealed with spray foam.

I poked a hole through that with a 6" phillips screwdriver bit, then slide the coax cable through. It comes out behind the front hood, right above the generator. Then, I ran it down the front and down the underside of the RV. I decided when I got to the electric bay to run it back inside (through the cable grommet for the 50amp power cable) and my antenna just sits in the basement right behind my oasis.

If I were going to do it again, I’d just run it all in the basement, but it’s there now and working fine so I can’t be bothered. The only thing left to do after that is wire it up to 12v power and there are plenty of places to get that under the dash.

Took 30 minutes start to finish, and I probably did it the hard way.

Last edited:
That's very helpful, thanks @MapNerd, sounds like something I can handle. Woudl not have thought to look there. How did you get 12v to it?

That's very helpful, thanks @MapNerd, sounds like something I can handle. Woudl not have thought to look there. How did you get 12v to it?
There were untapped leads just sitting there waiting to be used. That's one of the benefits of a lower-line coach I guess. I find unused leads for things all the time. I usually don't have to tap a wire because a lead was already run there for something I didn't get :D

Don't forget to reseal that hole with a bit more spray foam. I did find out after my first drive through heavy rain that you can get a wicking effect. It wasn't much water at all, a couple of drops. I only noticed it because I was wearing sandals and where I put the bluetooth unit, the cable ran above my feet and it dripped a cold drop on my foot. So I gave the hole a bit more spray foam around my coax run and its been no issues since.

Here is where I got mine - they can be hard to locate: PressurePro Pulse FX - Tire Pressure Monitor

Last edited:
There were untapped leads just sitting there waiting to be used. That's one of the benefits of a lower-line coach I guess. I find unused leads for things all the time. I usually don't have to tap a wire because a lead was already run there for something I didn't get :D

Don't forget to reseal that hole with a bit more spray foam. I did find out after my first drive through heavy rain that you can get a wicking effect. It wasn't much water at all, a couple of drops. I only noticed it because I was wearing sandals and where I put the bluetooth unit, the cable ran above my feet and it dripped a cold drop on my foot. So I gave the hole a bit more spray foam around my coax run and its been no issues since.

Here is where I got mine - they can be hard to locate: PressurePro Pulse FX - Tire Pressure Monitor
Fantastic to hear, thank you again for the help @MapNerd. Nice to know I'm enjoying benefits of entry level DP ownership. I called Pressure Pro and they offered to sell direct with 10 sensors for 10% putting them at about $600 before tax. A TST-507 with color display is $727 at E-trailer. I'm keen on monitoring with my phone or ipad vs adding a dedicated device on the dash. Ordering PP tmrw.

Fantastic to hear, thank you again for the help @MapNerd. Nice to know I'm enjoying benefits of entry level DP ownership. I called Pressure Pro and they offered to sell direct with 10 sensors for 10% putting them at about $600 before tax. A TST-507 with color display is $727 at E-trailer. I'm keen on monitoring with my phone or ipad vs adding a dedicated device on the dash. Ordering PP tmrw.
PM me if you need help @VTPete

Latest resources

Back