• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Trans won't shift

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Update my coach was towed to Reno to a shop called Nevada auto diagnostic which was recommended as shop who dealt with Rvs and my type of problem. I called in advance and they said yes no problem. Well when I got there and my coach was dropped there. They had no clue what to do or what I was even doing there it was a horrible experience. I end up putting the drive line myself and was able to get the rpms down to 800 then drove it to Cummings. There were rvs at this shop and they may know some things but their customer service is non existent. Any it was a sloppy linkage on the throttle assembly that was causing the higher rpms they fixed it and even let me plug into 50 amp. I am back on the road

Glad you are on the road. Im not surprised at all about your experience. These roadside assistance insurance companies just want to tow you the shortest distance possible but they are clueless about actual mechanics so they will go through a dozen shops if they have to, starting with the closest one.

They dont care about what you are going through and these small shops all enthusiastically accept the job and state that they can fix anything because they want the business and its no skin of their whatevers if they cant fix it. And no surprise about Cummins either. They may have the expertise but not an ounce of concern. I’m surprised they even agreed to help.

I will say the folks at Velocity do seem to truly care, they will try to put you at the front of the line if you are on the road, they have qualified techs, and can fix about any chassis issue you might have. Also their labor rates are about 40% less than Cummins shops.

Glad it was something simple and that you are back on the road. Hope it wasn't too unpleasant. I always learn from these stories so thanks for sharing.

I did call Velocity they felt Cummings would be my best bet. I was really surprised with the folks at this particular Cummings. They made a really bad situation bearable. And they got me right in. I was pleased with them

Glad to hear that. It also sounds like the two outfits are communicating and working together.

Latest resources

Back