RV Model
Ventana 3407
RV Length
34'10"
TOW/TOAD
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Fulltimer
No
All - We have decided to cancel our travel plans for this season. The reasons are varied, but here they are:
1. COVID - Even though we can use RV and social distance, what happens if they close my state, the state I'm in or something else. I may be forced to vacate park, with no other place to stay, or be unable to travel back to my home state. [mod edit: politics] has said mandatory mask policy, and so shutting down country because of fear is real possibility. Staying home is safer period.
2. Vaccine - We are not taking the RNA Based drug, I may grow horns or something, but, if you don't take it, what is to say, states will not prohibit trips through or even my home state without it? So having big brother tell me how to conduct my life, well aint going to take chance.
3. Hurt my wrist back in the summer, and now have appointment with Orthopedic Doctor, Covid kept me from even trying, but now the pain is way worse so even with that have appointment. If they can reattach the tendon or ligament, I will be unable to drive, so not taking a chance on that either. The down time will just about be winter and part of spring. And don't want to take chance of complications on road if it gets worse or something else happens with it. Old age is not as much fun as I was told it would be. I hurt it building brick wall, now how is that for irony.
4. Social Unrest, I believe the natives will break out and disrupt almost every major city. Since our reservations are near many of them, my safety is more important that social issues that some think are important. I might be forced to defend my self and if that happens, the my motto is shoot to kill and worry about consequences after, since My LIFE is more important than yours. Not taking a change on having to make that decision.
5. Motorhome is for sale, and so it's better if it stays put for that reason. Except for exercise movements of 10 or so miles.

May all have a wonderful and Merry Christmas and New Year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a well thought out decision and nothing ever wrong with staying put and staying safe. But most of all you stay right here and keep hanging out with us, let us know how your wrist situation goes and we all hope for brighter days ahead and many more wonderful journeys.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well.

I saw a cute sign that said "Reset 2020 please push button", and I am all for that. Thank you so much, and again all be safe.

Thank you for your service sir...I enjoy your keen sense of irony. We were (literally) evicted from our beachside campsite last weekend in Ventura County (CA)...
so staying home isn't a bad choice. Maybe this year Christmas will become real to many more.

Hope your travels are all safe. Cannot speak for sure, but you might check GA Mountain Fairgrounds park in Hiawassee, GA. Wonderful Views of the lake, excellent park, most of the sites have lake views, and it won't break the bank. You are at around 2000' elevation, so it can get cold and snow on occasion. Holiday Park in Chattanooga, TN is also great place to stay, right on GA/TN border, couple miles from Costco, and many excellent restaurants. If Thousand Trails member, then Lake Whitney in TX is also a great place. If near Tucson, AZ try Villager RV Resort, excellent park.

We will still do some traveling when we come out of Florida around May or June. I try to keep the whole pandemic in perspective and place the blame where it belongs, on China. As far as getting the vaccine, it is probably 99% safe for 99% of the population. Since the DW and I already had covid we probably will not get the vaccine, at least not in 2021.

Most states last year refused short term campers, Long term(mo.) could find a spot. Seems covid-19 has lost it's umph. Today the flue is just as deadly. I hear that the CDC has suspended the flu count and is converting flu to covid numbers. The vaccine is dangerous even medical staffers are refusing to get the jab. No I am no guinea pig, DNA manipulation can't be a good thing. My opinion is line up for vaccine assisted suicide.

As for civil unrest the Military is telling the militia to stand down unless called on to defend the country, but you can bet I will do as they say and stay at home and defend my family. So looks like no travel till summer, maybe.

We've been keeping a tight bubble around us - meaning we are limiting our exposure outside of the household. We are planning to travel in April / May timeframe in 2021. We are both have health conditions that make us more susceptible to get a worse COVID case. We will get the vaccine when it becomes available to us. We want to expand our bubble in 2021. In 2020 during our travels we did not participate in any activities that involved "larger" groups that increased our risk of infection - no indoor eating, no museums, etc. We want our activities to get back to normal as soon as we can. I suspect that when we get the vaccine for some time after we will still be reluctant to participate in activities that we took for granted prior COVID.

Latest resources

Back