• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Traveling over mountains w, gasser

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We have an Aspect on the F450 chassis and we installed RoadMaster upgraded sway bar and steering stabilizer which help a lot with trucks passing and wind. I'm sure not as good as the liquid springs but if you are looking for a lower-cost upgrade it is one I would consider.

We just picked up our new 23 Vision XL 34B two days ago and drove it home roughly 180 miles from Jacksonville, FL to Savanna, GA. We tow a 4,000 lb Jeep Cherokee and although this route is not hilly, a couple of bridge approaches had enough slope to them that I could tell the engine has plenty of power. I do highly recommend that you do a through test drive at interstate speeds so you get a feel for how the tractor trailers move the rig around. It’s bad enough that I am already researching after market solutions that may help. Even when not fighting the wind blast from trucks, the rig doesn’t track without constant input to the wheel. This will be very tiring on long runs. Drive a comparable size diesel pusher to feel a comparison. Hope this helps.
Typical of the f53 chassis. I added, Koni shocks, Ultra Trac rear trac bar, Safe T Plus steering stabilizer, and Sumo Springs. My driving instructor said it now drives almost like a DP.

We just picked up our new 23 Vision XL 34B two days ago and drove it home roughly 180 miles from Jacksonville, FL to Savanna, GA. We tow a 4,000 lb Jeep Cherokee and although this route is not hilly, a couple of bridge approaches had enough slope to them that I could tell the engine has plenty of power. I do highly recommend that you do a through test drive at interstate speeds so you get a feel for how the tractor trailers move the rig around. It’s bad enough that I am already researching after market solutions that may help. Even when not fighting the wind blast from trucks, the rig doesn’t track without constant input to the wheel. This will be very tiring on long runs. Drive a comparable size diesel pusher to feel a comparison. Hope this helps.
The 23 Vision XL 34 series already has the steering stabalizer and larger sway bar up front from the factory. As others have said, drive a little slower and enjoy that rig! It will minimize the impacts from the road and save a little on gas at the same time.

The 23 Vision XL 34 series already has the steering stabalizer and larger sway bar up front from the factory. As others have said, drive a little slower and enjoy that rig! It will minimize the impacts from the road and save a little on gas at the same time.

Thanks for the reply. We’re heading West and will let you know how the rig handles the real mountains of the Rockies.

We drove our 40' CanyonStar towing a 3,800 lb VW plus dolly, total weight just around 30,000 lbs both coast to coast and Border to Border. Never had a power issue. Granted we typically cruise at 62-65 mph. On the steepest hills we were able to maintain reasonable speed without issue.

Ford F53 chassis with V10.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back