• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Traveling solo in an rv would be boring I think

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
clippty clop, clippty clop, squeak, thump, thump, thump, thump. Whiskey barkeep........

Nothing like a Louie Lamour audio book on a long lonely stretch of highway.

clippty clop, clippty clop, squeak, thump, thump, thump, thump. Whiskey barkeep........

Nothing like a Louie Lamour audio book on a long lonely stretch of highway.
Back when I drove a pretreatment truck, radio mistery theater was my thing. When I lost my wife I couldn't drive and follow a story line at the same time.

I travel both solo and with my older sister. I'm 42 and she is 46. We get along famously. I love the time I get to spend with her and she knows it. We both also highly value our time alone. For this reason(and because I love motorcycles), I have a KLR650 on the bus I can ride anytime the weather is good.

I like being alone too. Nothing like being around someone who just doesn't know how to shut up. I don't do well being around a motor mouth. It's exhausting. Being alone just proves you really don't need to have someone with you, although at times it is very nice to have someone else there.

My two cents, but this is what works for us. Both of us are single and like it that way. Nothing like having ultimate freedom to do whatever you want, when you feel like it. I might go get on my goldwing and take a rip!!!

What I have learned about traveling solo with a pet (dog in my case) is that the pet wins. It's all about them and you better get ready for a lot of walks since you can't let the dog run free. I think I have to take my dog for 7 walks a day for her to do her business (she likes to pee on any scent) starting at 6A and ending around 8P.
I don't mind leaving the dog alone in the coach for a couple hours, with the AC running to keep her cool, but that is the longest I'll leave her alone (Cats are probably different).

I forgot to add that I travel with my two German Shepherd's. One is 9 years old and the other is a year and a half. They are my buddies. Never lonely. I usually stop about every 2 hours or less to take a break and stretch my legs/get a sandwich. If my sister is with me she will take care of the dogs while I take care of myself. If not, I take care of the dogs no problem.

I try and take them to do fun things. For example, I love finding a good clean RV park on a lake. The dogs love to get in the water and cool off just like we do, so I will load a cooler and go down to the lake with my 2 girls and return when my cooler is empty. It's pretty fun!

Attachments

• bf5.JPG
    bf5.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 9
Your never alone if you have a good dog.
My Lab is a great dog but he can't tell me how far it is to my next exit or what that weather alert blaring on my phone is all about.

Latest resources

Back