• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Trip Planning App

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
New to this app, RV Life Pro. Nice planning app for longer trips.
If you have a Garmin gps I found an easy way to transfer trips.

Export the RV Life trip as a gpx file
Save to files
Send the file to yourself as a text message
Open the drive app
Open the gpx file
—one of the options is send to GPS

Tried other options using Garmin apps etc and this was much easier.

BTW found a 20% discount code by searching the web briefly. Codes for RVLife Pro are around.

Curious, what is the need for a Garmin GPS with Carplay and Google maps that you can use RV Life Pro on.
Can even use Google Maps off line for those rare times.

Rv life GPS has very mixed reviews. No GPS is perfect but Garmin is the leader by a longshot.

Last edited:
Curious, what is the need for a Garmin GPS with Carplay and Google maps that you can use RV Life Pro on.
Can even use Google Maps off line for those rare times.
You can do it that way if desired.

I use the camera view in the motorhome continuously so having RV Life running there is out.

I have run it that way in the car when using that app for nav.

The wife keeps rv life, Apple Maps, google, Waze, etc up on her phone in addition to the Garmin gps.

For 3.5 years we have been using RV Trip Wizard for planning on the computer and their companion GPS app on the phone.
We check routes during planning phase and before each day of driving will review and confirm the routes, and the ingress/egress for every stop.
A couple times during the daily check we chose to make a change to what the GPS said.
We have been pleased with it.

Free phone apps RV Parky, iOverlander, FreeRoam and Google maps then save, export to my Garmin, simple and no subscription fees.

BTW found a 20% discount code by searching the web briefly. Codes for RVLife Pro are around.
If you're a Harvest Host member, they offer a 23% coupon on RV Trip Wizard.

I wish someone would put back out MS Streets & Trips. RV Trip Wizard lost it's little mind in Arkansas on our way to Memphis... on I-40. It kept saying take the next exit. Good thing that I don't blindly follow the GSP. Now I use Co Pilot for a GPS. I put my actual route on a paper map (encased in plastic sheet protectors so I can write the route down using wet erase markers). I plan my route using Google My Maps as I have a base map that I put together with my own POI's that I researched (campgrounds/rv parks, overnight stays, restaurants, fueling stops). I use Google satellite and street views to check on the best routes into places and make notes on the info bubble for the POI sites that I will end up using. My POI files have the info I require. Other people's POI files have the info they think I require. Big difference. I also tend to not run into the situation that the moron pulling a horse trailer with a 40ft RV I saw yesterday did. Idiot. Poor horses. A simple check on satellite view would have showed the idiot to take the side road or the next drive into the parking lot.

It's amazing how many people travel without a drop of planning.

Latest resources

Back