E-450 Ford
Engine
6.8L V10
TOW/TOAD
2022 Jeep Gladiator
Fulltimer
No
Newby Here...
Any and all opinions welcome on pros and cons and experience with trip planning apps. Hopefully you can point me in the right direction as some many available and the cost is from free to about $100 annual subscription…Thanks in advance for the info…

JAMMER

We use RV Trip Wizard for planning, part of the RV Life subscription. Think it is running about $49 a year.

Like it for planning and routing, takes your setup into account, height, weight, etc for routing.

We have had it do strange things though - route past a rest area stop we had in the route, off the highway, back on the other way, then another off and on back to the same rest area stop.

Has been nice for planning though.

We put the stops etc into our Garmin RV GPS when planning is done and run that as well in addition to the RV Life GPS app on my phone.

All systems have issues so the wife also keeps up google maps, Apple Maps, Waze, etc to verify everything while traveling.

I like RV Parky. It's free and I mainly use it to find campgrounds.

As for "apps", I've tried the top ones for years, but feel the best option is "RV TRIP WIZARD". It's web-based, and will work on any browser. Their companion app is RV LIFE; it's not super robust, but has the convenience of syncing your planned trips. The biggest benefit is it's owned by RV LIFE, who is the same company that owns CampgroundReviews, which is an extremely robust database of information.

I've fended tons of questions and helped to the point of being asked to be one of their support agents a couple years ago. Since then, I posted a real brief video on how I use it. It'll give you and overview, but there's a lot more to it.

Some folks have a hard time learning it; but in all honestly, it's been user-phobia related since the program is of its own style and mindset; it doesn't follow traditional UI development procedures. IF you get past that, I find I can do anything needed in the program, with just a bit of curiousity and patience.

Check them out at rvtripwizard.com and you'll have to get the PRO level sub in order to have "RV navigation" on the app, with trip syncing and offline maps.

OH...here's the video I did:

Thanks to All for your valuable input. I really appreciate the prompt replies…
JAMMER

As for "apps", I've tried the top ones for years, but feel the best option is "RV TRIP WIZARD".

Check them out at rvtripwizard.com and you'll have to get the PRO level sub in order to have "RV navigation" on the app, with trip syncing and offline maps.

OH...here's the video I did:

Thank you for an absolutely awesome review of RV Trip Wizard. Well done, Steve!

Thank you for an absolutely awesome review of RV Trip Wizard. Well done, Steve!
Thank you, Jim; very kind of you to say!!
It was not easy, making it easy and “brief”, for sure.

Steve

Another for trip wizard and the Garmin 890.

As others, the wife keeps up Waze, google maps, Apple Maps, etc to double check everything but trip wizard is the best we have used and well with the $49 a year.

New to this app, RV Life Pro. Nice planning app for longer trips.

Latest resources

Back