• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Trip to Charlotte Motor Speedway.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Well we made it to Charlotte. All setup and ready to go to the races. Met some other friends that come here every year as well. Now we’re just chilling in the sunset.

Attachments

• 1D86D3A5-C2CD-4E4C-BB08-436BDA2F7FC3.jpeg
    1D86D3A5-C2CD-4E4C-BB08-436BDA2F7FC3.jpeg
    215.1 KB · Views: 8
Well, we made it back from our trip in one piece. We had a great time. On this trip we looked at the RV to see what we could do to make it better. Here are a couple things we’re going to do.

1. We’re adding side lights that we can turn on when making left or right turns at night in areas that a dimly lite. Making a turn on a country road sitting over the front wheels you loose the lights from the headlights. Here is what I’m adding. “Side Lights”

2. The radio GPS mapping is to small and too low to see safely. I need one closer to my fields of view while driving and much larger so I can just glance to see it. So I ordered an IPad mount for my Gen 3 iPad. So now I’ll have an 11” screen for the map. “I Pad Mount”

3. The gas strut is too powerful for the door “40 lbs”. When you open it swings it so fast it’s hard to catch it so we’re replacing it with a lower pressure strut “10 lbs”. “Door Strut”

4. The king size bed is nice, but it does not leave much room on the sides to make the bed or have a small knight stands. The current bed had a standard metal frame mounted to the slide with box springs/mattress. We’re going to remove it, go to a queen size and build a wooden box frame to allow storage. I want to add a hinged head portion adding linear actuator to raise and lower the head part of the mattress for reading or viewing the tv. “Linear Actuator”

Well, that’s what we’re going to to in the next few weeks. Hopefully have it all done before our next trip for Thanksgiving.

Good bunch of projects to keep you busy. I added a remote controlled spotlight to the roof to help with those corners/obstacles at night among other things but I like your side lights for corners specifically. I’d like to see pics of the finished job. I also added a spot/flood to the top of the rear cap to light up the night when backing since the OE back-up lights are basically useless. On the bed, Ive used Mattress insider for three RV mattresses, two of them custom made. I was very satisfied with the quality, price, and customer service each time.

2. The radio GPS mapping is to small and too low to see safely. I need one closer to my fields of view while driving and much larger so I can just glance to see it. So I ordered an IPad mount for my Gen 3 iPad. So now I’ll have an 11” screen for the map. “I Pad Mount”
My 2004 Windsport didn't have a lot of the stuff you come to depend on in the newer rigs. I bought the same iPad holder and did most of my mapping/route guidance from there. There are a ton of good apps for the iPad that became available too. Like back up camera, TPMS system, Bluetooth music, etc. By the time I was finished, the iPad became a centralized control point for much of the coach.

I think you'll enjoy the upgrade!

When I get them installed, I’ll show pictures

Hay all,
This is our annual trip to Charlotte Motor Speedway to see Nascar Roval race Oct 9th.
1st day; We will travel to Raccon Mountain where they have a Caver tour and Jim mine at the campgrounds. Along the way we will stop at the Lodge Cast Iron Pots plant Visitors store.
2nd day; Travel to Ela Campground. Owned by the Cherokee Nation.
3rd day; Travel on the Great Smoky a mountain Railroad. 4 /12 hrs through the mountains while taste testing moonshine.
4th day; Travel to Yates Family Campground. This use to be Robert Yates family farm until the speedway bought most of the land for a parking lot. Now the nephew runs it. Almost all the RV’rs are return customer and he knows everyone on a first name bases. Plus his rates are tremendously cheap for that week of racing. Will be here for several days and leave after the race.
The return trip is a luck of the draw. No plans what so ever on where we’re going and where we’re stopping. That really the way I like to travel. :)
I went to KC🏁 in Sept & camped. It was so fun! I’ll camp at NC🏁 in 24. What’s your nephew’s name?

I went to KC🏁 in Sept & camped. It was so fun! I’ll camp at NC🏁 in 24. What’s your nephew’s name?
Not my nephew, but Robert Yates nephew.

Latest resources

Back