Ford Thor
RV Model
Dutchman
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Not yet. Undecided. Just purchased RV and evaluating options
Fulltimer
Yes
Sorry if I have posted in the wrong location. I didn't see a forum to discuss this but It is entirely possibly I've had a senior moment. I'm new to the site and green as green can be to RV'ing. I've just purchased my first one a 29' Thor Dutchman on a Ford E350.
I've carried AAA for many years on my family cars and have the premium right for the car. I just upgraded my plan to Premium plus RV. My plan cost only went up 3 or 4 bucks a month. Am I missing something. That cost seems low to me (although I'd never tell them that). I upgraded online on their site. When I tried to call customer service the wait time was in excess of 25 minutes so I just thought I would ask you all if this sounds right. I appreciate all the help and the friendly responses I've received here. I'm as green as green can be but if I can ever help out with anything please let me know. I appreciate you all. Peace, Jim

Sorry. I have no experience with AAA. But I think if I were you I would do a little research to make sure that the AAA policy I was paying for would in fact cover the towing of an RV. My RV would take a Class 8 Peterbilt or Kenworth size 30-50 ton wrecker to tow it properly. They don't get these big boys out for less than $750-$1000. That's a bit different than towing a car for $50. You may find out when you're broken down on the side of the road that AAA doesn't cover towing Class A motorhomes.

Last edited:
We have AAA on the cars, but use Coach Net for the motorhome since it is designed specifically for RVs…including Class A motorhomes.

TJ

We have AAA with RV+ for all the 20+ years we have been into motorhomes. We've used it twice on the motorhome and both times were satisfied with the service. The first time we got stuck in our yard and needed a big truck to get us out. Heavy rain had softened the ground and when I backed off the driveway the rear sunk to the axle. AAA sent a big truck with skilled operator. He knew his stuff and got us out with no damage to the rig and minimal additional damage to the yard. No additional cost to us.

The second time was more complicated. We were in Fallon, NV when coach refused to make air for suspension and brakes. Needed a tow to Freightliner in Sparks. No AAA operator in Fallon so we were on our own to find a tow. Locals helped with that and we got the tow. Bill was over $700. Filed a claim with AAA that they paid, no questions. Check was waiting in the mail when we got home.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back