RV Length
37’
Chassis
Ford
Engine
V10
TOW/TOAD
None
We always hear of the troubled experiences with new RV’s but perhaps there are a lot of happy RVer’s who have had little to no trouble with their units.

If that is you, tell us about your positive experiences with a new RV.

I can only speak of my 2017 back in 2017 and I have to say things went very well but that's a big part because I did a factory pick up and all the great training that came with it by Newmar. Had I not done that FPU I don't think I'd be RVing today due to the issues that were discovered and eventually fixed that would have taken dealers a long time to figure out and would have made my intro to RVing miserable. I think the start of the experience may tell the story such as how well the dealer handles the delivery, PDI, etc. It sets the tone for the future of your experience I believe.

So in essence, I've had a great 6 years now. I've had my share of issues but not as severe as others and some were self induced and highly traumatic :(

I have been extremely happy with our 2017 Georgetown. We put new tires on it, have the driver and passenger seat upholstery peel, but nothing has broken or stranded us or been serious.
I blew some fuses on the converter and the fridge is not cooling enough, but I am working on that issue now.|

We love this rig after 1.5 years…

We are very happy with our 2011 Winnebago Vista. We purchased in new and have had very very problems with it. I submitted a detailed reply a few days ago to folks that were thinking of purchasing an Itasca. I'll not go into detail again here.

Darrell

We are happy with our Concord, starting our third season. It did not come with out several visits to the shop, one trip to Middlebury and me working on some things along the way. The last three trips have been good and all things working as they should. We will all ways be maintaining our rigs, as someone here said some time back. It’s like an earthquake ever time we take our rig out.

In October of 2019, did "Factory Pick Up" from Newmar, on my 2020 Canyon Star "3710"! Due to Newmar's "Pre-Delivery" Inspection, & fixing the minor problems that were found, as well as spending 5 days with a "Tech", & learning about the Coach, I'm sure, saved many hours of frustration, due to not having to deal with an RV Dealer! Very, Very Happy!!
Essentially, all issues found have been taken care of by "Newmar" at the Tampa Super RV Show's, or the Newmar International Rally's. And I might add, at no cost to me!
I did have Newmar's "Tech Serv" Mobile RV Service come by the house and do a minor repair to the Coach!
After having "Liquid Spring" suspension installed on my Canyon Star, I would not trade it for a new comparable "DP"!!
After 3 1/2 years of ownership, & 23,000+ miles...
I've got to say that I am an extremely HAPPY, Newmar owner!(y):cool:

I’m going to do a write up on our new Superstar but…

We had a 2014 Forester 3051S for five years that we traded on the Superstar.

Other than maintenance, oil changes, set of tires, etc we had essentially zero issues with it over the time we owned it.

I think the Liquid Springs we had installed went a long way to helping the house portion with the ride so much better, less vibration coming in.

Minor things like drawer catches needing replaced, added some fans for the Amish style fridge to make it more efficient, made some skylight covers to keep heat out.

We did some other upgrades like roller shades etc but at the time of trade we had no complaints about how she was for the five years.

We are happy with our Concord, starting our third season. It did not come with out several visits to the shop, one trip to Middlebury and me working on some things along the way. The last three trips have been good and all things working as they should. We will all ways be maintaining our rigs, as someone here said some time back. It’s like an earthquake ever time we take our rig out.
Nice rig. I had the sister, Forester 2801. It had what seems to be the standard average of 24 issues, but FR came through with flying colors and the factory repaired everything almost perfectly. I was etremely happy with itwhen they were done. Of course, when I sold it, it was as near perfect as could be.😎

2020 Canyon Star "3710"
If I had known that the Canyon Star was going deusel, I might have bought that. Very nice coach.

We bought a 2022 T@B400 last spring and immediately set out on a cross country tour. At the end of the season in the fall we winterized it and put it to bed for winter. 15200 kilometres. Not a glitch and not a rattle in either the trailer or our new Tesla model Y that we tow it with. After many RV types and combos we were blown away to have zero problems. We are just starting the camping season again. Hopefully we’ll have the same luck as we will be doing at least as many kilometres again.

7652130F-E830-4F93-BD6C-F4CEF041C249.png

Latest resources

Back