Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

CaptainGizmo

RVF Expert
SoCal...relax, we're one of the good ones! ;-)
RV Year
RV Make
Newell
RV Model
2020P
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2017 Ford F-150 Raptor w/AF1 Braking
Fulltimer
No
I’m not sure if this is a issue on my ‘19 Dutch Star or the Spartan chassis, so I’ll start here.

I can’t fill my DEF tank from the remote side (Driver’s) without the nozzle kicking off before even a teaspoon is dispensed.

Spartan doesn’t know of a problem. I had a different hose installed to straighten the inlet a bit more, but still no luck. Nozzle klicks off.

Next week, I’ll have Newmar take one more look but wondering if anyone else has this problem.

I have this from time to time, I have to barely insert the tip into the tank and then it will work. I think the backpressure is making the DEF think the tank is full or something. You just have to finesse the position of the nozzle into the tank. Just just about two inches so the fluid is not coming back out at you and it should work.

The off-side DEF filler doesn't seem to like a high flow on our 2018 MADP. It does fill, but needs to be set on the slowest fill rate. I think the long hose creates an air lock when the DEF flow is too fast.

TJ

Last edited:
Today I too had this issue. I found the slowest fill rate worked. I did try adjusting the depth of insertion, but found the fill rate was the only issue.

Thankfully it's a small tank

“Tanks” for the help, guys. Yeah, I tried every combination and flow rate, with no avail. It’s not a good design, indeed, because I noticed each time I removed the nozzle to reposition, it had fluid up to the tip...DEFinitely not good. I’m so puny this morning. Or, is it punny? ?

Head-scratching question: IF...that remote filler was intended for only a gravity fill from a can, then why even have it there? I’ll update you with anything Newmar offers next week.

Some fillers are worse than others. Prior to yesterday I never had an issue. Try another brand.

I, too, have had this problem. The only solution I’ve found is moving the nozzle in/out/around until it works. Not very scientific but it is what it is.

Latest resources

Back