Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

2000camaross

RVF Regular
In our Keystone Passport we can scan and get 10 channels in our driveway. The channels we get are all the higher numbers ie: Fox 68, My 43 etc. We cannot get the lower number channels ie: 3 NBC, 5 CBS, 9 ABC. I don't believe the problem is with the TV or the roof mounted antenna. It seems as though if the antenna is the problem we wouldn't get Fox etc. What might be the problem?

Check to see if the channel booster is on. If you don't know what that is try a You Tube video. You Tube is your friend.

I am FAR from qualified to answer this question but I seem to find that OTA channels are higher number(s) than cable provided channels (same station / different numbers) May be my area and system, but as long as you get the channel you are hoping for, the number isn't important IMHO. Good luck. Blessings

I am FAR from qualified to answer this question but I seem to find that OTA channels are higher number(s) than cable provided channels (same station / different numbers) May be my area and system, but as long as you get the channel you are hoping for, the number isn't important IMHO. Good luck. Blessings
We cannot get the major networks, like NBC, CBS, ABC.

Let's back up a little.
It would help if we knew where you are. How far away are the major towers, what type of antenna is it, can you aim it and so on.
Everything effects everything.

do you get those OTA stations in your house?

We have an outdoor antenna on the house. We can get NBC, CBS, and ABC. Oddly enough if it's raining we can only get ABC.

In our Keystone Passport we can scan and get 10 channels in our driveway. The channels we get are all the higher numbers ie: Fox 68, My 43 etc. We cannot get the lower number channels ie: 3 NBC, 5 CBS, 9 ABC. I don't believe the problem is with the TV or the roof mounted antenna. It seems as though if the antenna is the problem we wouldn't get Fox etc. What might be the problem?
How can that be considered a problem???

When you know,you know!!!

Latest resources

Back