Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Weldted

RVF Regular
Hi all, looking to ship our Burstner A class to the US around Sept/October 2020. Liverpool to Baltimore. Hoping to stay up to 6 months.
Been motorhoming in most of Europe but thought we would push the boat out. We have looked at hiring etc but given the length of our intended stay it works out cheape to ship ours, plus we get 25 mpg. Are there any clubs like we have at home in the UK?
Such as the Camping and Caraven club. The have a lot of sites and members get discounted rates.

Welcome to RVF! Glad to have you aboard and looking forward to hearing about RVing in Europe. The Burstner coaches look quite interesting and I'm sure you will turn more than a few heads with yours when traveling over here.

Not sure what you mean by "Camping and Caravan clubs;" could you clarify? Are these groups of campgrounds (possibly similar to our KOA campgrounds) or are they user-oriented groups like our Family Motor Coach Association?

I'm looking forward to learning more about your style of RVing in the UK.

TJ

You get campground discounts at many parks with a Good Sam card. 1 yr membership is $29.

And remember here they drive on the Right side of the road?

Hi all, thank you for the welcome. Our Motorhome a baby by your standards is 25 ft, weighs in at 4400 lbs is on a Fiat chassis 2300 cc rated 150 hp automatic. New Sept 2019. We spend around six months of the year in Europe mainly France so are used to driving on the wrong side of the road.

Things I'm looking for info on we run on Michelin 225/75/16 camping cars tyres, are there many Fiat dealerships, and suggestions how to get around that our hook up requires 240 volts 50 cycles and you are 110 volt 60 cycles and our air-con won't work just with a step up transformer that doesn't change to cycles.
Our camping and caravan club over here runs a lots of sites most owned by the club but with some owner run under the clubs banner and hundreds of what's known as CL's Certified sites. These can take up to five units with varying levels of facilities such as a farm etc at very low rates.

We have been motorhoming for over 40 years, much of the last 20 in and around Europe. Looking forward to crossing the pond.

Welcome @Weldted to RVForums.com and it's great to have experience such as you offer to this community. I suggest posting your questions outside of this welcome forum to more specific forums and I'm sure the great and super friendly members here will gladly help. Hope you enjoy the latest and greatest RV community on the web.

Latest resources

Back