RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana LE
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Rubicon
We are in the process of upgrading to Lithium batteries from Battle Born. We have an Inverter MS 2012 and the control panel looks like the in the picture. We went through the settings with Battle Born and they suggested that I upgrade to the Magnum Magn-ME-ARC50 control head. Has anyone replace the one in the picture below? Was just plug and play or do have to be re-wired? Any problems?
IMG_0233.jpeg

If you pull that remote out and look at the back...if it looks like a phone wire, then yes...I think it is as simple as a swap. The cabinet cutout will likely need to be adjusted. There is a template in the Me-ARC installation manual.

I would hookup an make sure it works properly with your inverter before making the hole any larger.

We upgraded ours to the ME-RC 50. It was simple. Mark the hole using a template. Be sure that it fits and there is nothing behind the mounting surface. Cut the larger mounting hole. Swap the communication wire, 6P4C. Install. Easy. The ARC-50 controller is larger than the RC50, we did not have the space but according to the Users manual uses the same telephone type wire 6P4C. We have 600 amps of LiFEO2 installed via two 300 amp packs.

Attachments

• IMG_0141.jpg
    IMG_0141.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Latest resources

Back