Chassis
Ford
Engine
E450
TOW/TOAD
Honda crv
Fulltimer
No
Hey all, we'll be traveling from West Glacier to Seattle in mid June in our class C motorhome towing. How is driving on US 2 and are there any suggestions for campgrounds about 1/2 way. We checked Leavenworth KOA and it's a little expensive.
We traveled US 2 through Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota last summer and it was good road. We heard it's quite scenic through Idaho and Washington, but how are the mountains?
Thanks!

I traveled that route a couple years ago and enjoyed it - no issues with the road at all. We also drove part of the Selkork Loop (95 north to 1 from Bonners Ferry) and stayed at the Kokanee Creek Provincial park on Kootenay Lake. Very nice, convenient little side trip into BC.

Hey all, we'll be traveling from West Glacier to Seattle in mid June in our class C motorhome towing. How is driving on US 2 and are there any suggestions for campgrounds about 1/2 way. We checked Leavenworth KOA and it's a little expensive.
We traveled US 2 through Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota last summer and it was good road. We heard it's quite scenic through Idaho and Washington, but how are the mountains?
Thanks!
Highway 2 is not an issue for Big Rigs. It's a nice Drive. We stayed at Wenatchee Confluence State Park and took the towed to Leavenworth for a look around. Parking a big rig in Leavenworth is an issue. Wenatchee is about 20 miles east of Leavenworth. If you are looking for Scenic, Highway 20 across the Cascades is very nice as well but a few more hills and curves than 2.
Safe travels. Just an FYI. The Seattle/Tacoma KOA is permanently closed.

Darrell

Thanks for the info. Is the state park close to US 2? According to Google driving directions it looks to be a little over a mile.

Thanks for the info. Is the state park close to US 2? According to Google driving directions it looks to be a little over a mile.
I just checked Google Earth. Wenatchee Confluence State Park Campground is about 1 mile south of the intersection of the highway 2 /97 to the gate of the Campground. All the roads to and from are big rig friendly.

Safe Travels

Darrell

I just checked Google Earth. Wenatchee Confluence State Park Campground is about 1 mile south of the intersection of the highway 2 /97 to the gate of the Campground. All the roads to and from are big rig friendly.

Safe Travels

Darrell
Thanks, it takes a lot of time doing all this planning from Columbus, GA to the Battle of Little Big Horn, Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Glacier , over to Seattle for an Alaskan Cruise then south through Wash, OR and northern CA and then back east spending some time in Denver. It really helps to get help from folks who have been these places. I appreciate your help.
Nancy

Grand Coulee Dam (Lake Roosevelt) is also just off 2. We stayed at the Spring Canyon camp ground (very pleasant) and took the Dam tour, which takes you about five stories down to the hydro-electric plant. Fascinating. They also do a laser light show on the dam at night. About 15 miles north of 2 on 174.

Grand Coulee Dam is also just off 2. We stayed at the Spring Canyon camp ground (very pleasant) and took the Dam tour, which takes you about five stories down to the hydro-electric plant. Fascinating. They also do a laser light show on the dam at night. About 15 miles north of 2 on 174.
Thanks!

Thanks!
Thanks to everyone for answering my questions about travel on US 2 to Seattle. We decided to take US 2 from Spokane KOA to Lake Pleasant RV Park in Bothell, WA. After staying 7 days there we will go on an Alaskan cruise. The park will store our RV for $10.00 a day while we are gone. Someone on one of the camping groups told me about this bargain and I would lke to thank you if you're reading this. When we return we'll be traveling south to Northern CA. I'm sure I'll have more questions about traveling through Oregon (down the coast) and best ways to go, campgrounds and sights to see in CA.
Thanks again,
Nancy Hicks, Midland, GA

Latest resources

Back