US 2

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Wow! That
Thanks, it takes a lot of time doing all this planning from Columbus, GA to the Battle of Little Big Horn, Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Glacier , over to Seattle for an Alaskan Cruise then south through Wash, OR and northern CA and then back east spending some time in Denver. It really helps to get help from folks who have been these places. I appreciate your help.
Nancy
Wow! That will be quite a trip! Are you going to be in a hurry? If you are not, and you haven't been to these parts of the country yet, there is a lot to see in between. Let me know if you want any ideas of what to see or do on your way. I can say that the Little Big Horn was very serene and moving. I'm sure you will appreciate your visit.

Darrell

Wow! That

Wow! That will be quite a trip! Are you going to be in a hurry? If you are not, and you haven't been to these parts of the country yet, there is a lot to see in between. Let me know if you want any ideas of what to see or do on your way. I can say that the Little Big Horn was very serene and moving. I'm sure you will appreciate your visit.

Darrell
We're not in a real big hurry, but probably should get back by the end of July. My husband was a social studies teacher and he requested we visit Little Big Horn. I can't wait to see the NP's
Since we'll be in Seattle 7 days that gives us a good amount of time to see all the beauty in that area. We would like to visit Vancouver island. We're leaving from the city of Vancouver on our cruise. So, if you have any must see day trips around Seattle that would be something we'd be glad to know. I've made a list but it's helpful to hear from folks who have been there and done that. Thanks again!

We're not in a real big hurry, but probably should get back by the end of July. My husband was a social studies teacher and he requested we visit Little Big Horn. I can't wait to see the NP's
Since we'll be in Seattle 7 days that gives us a good amount of time to see all the beauty in that area. We would like to visit Vancouver island. We're leaving from the city of Vancouver on our cruise. So, if you have any must see day trips around Seattle that would be something we'd be glad to know. I've made a list but it's helpful to hear from folks who have been there and done that. Thanks again!
I will mention just a few items that you might be interested in that will be found on your way, or not too far off of your intended route. I am guessing that you will be heading to St Louis. If so, The Gateway Arch is worth taking a trip up to the observation deck. The Black Hills of South Dakota area is pretty nice. You will find Mount Rushmore worth a look. To get to the monument, I suggest you go via the Iron Mountain Road (16A) but not with your Motorhome! It will not fit in some of the tunnels. You will not be disappointed. FYI The Crazy Horse Monument is close by and still under construction. It's NOT worth a look IMO. Deadwood is also nearby. It still has the look of an old western town and also home to the Mount Moriah cemetery where Calamity Jane and Wild Bill are buried. From there, heading into Wyoming you will find The Devils Tower. If you saw the movie "Close Encounters" this is where it was filmed. The KOA there used to continuously play the movie for their guests. I'm not sure if they still do. On to Little Big Horn then after that, you are going to see nothing but Antelope and prairie (and not much else) until you get closer to the mountains. Going to Glacier, I'm sure you intend to drive the "Going to the Sun" road. It usually opens in July but there is no set date. It all depends on how quickly the snow melts. A must do if you can!! It is 50 miles (one way) of memory and again, you can not take your motorhome on it. I need not mention Yellowstone or the Teton's. They are amazing and beautiful!

You have only seven days in Seattle. A trip up the Space Needle and a walk about Pikes Market.
The Museum of Flight in nearby Tacoma. A day trip to Whidbey Island (take a 20 minute ferry ride from Mukilteo to get on to the island). Head north across Deception Pass and on to Anacortes then you can head back to Seattle via I 5. Another day trip but a bit longer of a drive (about 3 hours each way) will take you south to the now dormant volcano of Mount Saint Helens. If you want to see a bit of Vancouver Island, I suggest you catch a Washington State Ferry from Anacortes that will take you to Sydney British Columbia. This will be more than a day trip though. The small city of Victoria is worth a look as are the Butchart Gardens. Vancouver Island is very large. One would need a weeks to just begin to see the beauty of it.

You board your cruise ship in Vancouver and I suggest a must to is to take the Gondola up Grouse Mountain. Spectacular views! I suggest heading south to California via highway 101 along the coast. It's a slower but very scenic route. Lots to see along the way including Redwood National Park in northern California.

Even if you don't visit any of my suggestions, you are going to see many different landscapes and there is beauty in all of them. Enjoy your trip and let us know how you make out.

Safe Travels

Darrell

Thanks for the suggestions. We might hit the arch on the way home, we've been to Mt Rushmore, Deadwood, the Badlands and we stood at the entrance of Crazy Horse. We'll see the Corn Palace since we're staying nearby. I want to stop by Walls Drug and we'll probably stop by Devils Tower.
I'm hoping Going to the Sun will be open. My son and his family have been to the parks twice so they're advising me on them.
I'll print your Seattle and surrounding area suggestions so I don't forget them.
Thanks again for the help.

If you're taking US-2 from Spokane to Bothell, I would not do it in one day - it's about an 8-hour drive. I would stop and see Leavenworth. Wenatchee Confluence is a nice park, but we've also stayed at the Chelan Events Center campground, about halfway between Wenatchee and Leavenworth. It's the county fairgrounds and had full hookups at an attractive price. It's now our go-to stop when visiting the area.

If you're taking US-2 from Spokane to Bothell, I would not do it in one day - it's about an 8-hour drive. I would stop and see Leavenworth. Wenatchee Confluence is a nice park, but we've also stayed at the Chelan Events Center campground, about halfway between Wenatchee and Leavenworth. It's the county fairgrounds and had full hookups at an attractive price. It's now our go-to stop when visiting the area.
How far off US 2 is it?

Latest resources

Back