• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Retired

RVF VIP
Fulltimer
No
One of the things that really bugs me when people and dealers are selling a used RV is the complete lack of information in their ad.

As a current RV owner, you would think that they know the questions that people will ask.

When Im selling something I put as much information in the ad as possible so I dont answer the same question over and over.

Many ads make no mention of weight on a TT or 5er.

Many ads will post 20-30 pictures, but not one picture of the roof.

Many ads make no mention of tire age.

Many ads do not put model number or floorplan in the ad.

Well... if I put the make and model number in the ad, I would expect potential buyers to look up weights and the floor plan for themselves as well as tank capacities.

When I was 5th wheel shopping, I'd see the make/model in an ad, and before even opening the ad, in another window, I'd plug that make/model into the RVUSA spec guide (Spec Guide for Fifth Wheel Trailers. Complete specs and brochures for New and Used | RVUSA.com) to see the floor plan and all pertinent statistics before even clicking on that ad. More often than not, just seeing the floor plan allowed me to move on to another ad and not waste any time. When the floorpan looked good, I'd delve into other important things like GVRW, length, tank sizes, etc.

Last edited:
I'm a travel trailer guy and to be honest I didn't know enough about them when I bought our first one to buy used. So We bought new.

Well... if I put the make and model number in the ad, I would expect potential buyers to look up weights and the floor plan for themselves as well as tank capacities.
They might look the info up and they might scroll on past your ad. You could be losing buyers. Same thing when deciding whether or not to put a price in your ad. Personally I won't call about an item if the price is not listed. Some people will. You have to decide how many potential buyers you'll lose and plan your ad accordingly.

I put just enough information in an ad to get potential buyers interested and call for more information. That way I get to talk to them and sell them on my item.

Latest resources

Back