• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Vent Microwave to Outside

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Just wondering. If the vent is left open is there much chance of a bird building a nest or spiders, large bugs getting in???

@FLSteve Thanks for making this post. So I opened mine and it looked like the first photo and closed like yours above in 2nd . Did I do something wrong?
@ARD ... your top picture is in the "open" position which means the damper lock is off and the vent can swing open and work. Your bottom picture is closed so the damper lock is on and the vent will stay closed. I think you are doing it right. Get a ladder and stand outside under it and you can tell the difference in the air coming out. Turn you fan on high.

Let me know if this makes sense.

FLSteve

Just wondering. If the vent is left open is there much chance of a bird building a nest or spiders, large bugs getting in???
@Russellvh ... I guess it's possible but probably a low chance. I plan leave mine open when we are traveling and using the coach but close it when we are home and not using it. But a good point and something to keep track of.

FLSteve

@ARD ... I see the confusion now. The #9 post above that you were referring to was just to make sure folks knew what type/style of vent I was talking about. Every picture and illustration in that post shows it in the closed position.

FLSteve

@ARD ... your top picture is in the "open" position which means the damper lock is off and the vent can swing open and work. Your bottom picture is closed so the damper lock is on and the vent will stay closed. I think you are doing it right. Get a ladder and stand outside under it and you can tell the difference in the air coming out. Turn you fan on high.

Let me know if this makes sense.

FLSteve
That's what I thought but wasn't quite sure. Thanks tons!!!!😊

I don't really think it will be a problem. Those buggers have so many other wonderful locations to choose from. I had a lil bird make quite the nest UNDER my slide. 😳

Latest resources

Back