Problem Ventana bedroom slideout issue

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Greetings--

This morning our bedroom slide would not come in. The motor works and moves about an inch in and stops then iIcan move it back out. I removed the two-wire connector from the controller and plugged it back in after only a few seconds but no banana, Then I unplugged the multi-connector for a few seconds and plugged it back but still no dice. Then I unplugged both for a few seconds and plugged both back but again the same. So I unplugged both connectors then came in, removed all our stuff under the bed and removed bed storage base and could see the motor and shaft. All looked okay without any obstruction. There are two wire nuts I checked which were secure. About ten minutes had passed so I went out and reconnected both to controller, pressed IN and the slide came in as usual.

The time before I recall I waited about ten minutes before reconnecting both. Maybe that's why it worked. As Rich mentioned, Newmar had issues with the controllers they installed from '16 to '18. I'll check eBay for the Intellitec controller Rich posted. Thank you all for your help.

Today we're headed to a National Forest campground called Prospector near Dillon, CO right on Dillon Reservoir. Water available only. We've decided to leave bedroom slide in until I get a replacement controller.

Laurent

Greetings--

This morning our bedroom slide would not come in. The motor works and moves about an inch in and stops then iIcan move it back out. I removed the two-wire connector from the controller and plugged it back in after only a few seconds but no banana, Then I unplugged the multi-connector for a few seconds and plugged it back but still no dice. Then I unplugged both for a few seconds and plugged both back but again the same. So I unplugged both connectors then came in, removed all our stuff under the bed and removed bed storage base and could see the motor and shaft. All looked okay without any obstruction. There are two wire nuts I checked which were secure. About ten minutes had passed so I went out and reconnected both to controller, pressed IN and the slide came in as usual.

The time before I recall I waited about ten minutes before reconnecting both. Maybe that's why it worked. As Rich mentioned, Newmar had issues with the controllers they installed from '16 to '18. I'll check eBay for the Intellitec controller Rich posted. Thank you all for your help.

Today we're headed to a National Forest campground called Prospector near Dillon, CO right on Dillon Reservoir. Water available only. We've decided to leave bedroom slide in until I get a replacement controller.

Laurent
I would buy the KMG 0159 controller, not the Intellitec, as they discontinued the Intellitec years ago for LMC30, and then discontinued the LMC30 (aka C-Storm controller), and now use the KMG 0159. So the KMG 0159 controller is the most recent one Newmar uses as far as I know.

If the controllers are mounted next to each other on your coach as they are on mine, it would be an easy and useful diognistic test to swap them next time this happens and see if the slide goes in normally.

I posted the links to the Intellitec controllers to show that you can get them for $60 less than “Integrity RV” was charging, and the Intellitec may work just fine for you, but there were problems with it and Newmar discontinued using it, hence my vote for the KMG controller.

I could not locate the KMG 0159 controller but did find this one:

1692028589133.png

I found this from Newmar regarding replacing the old slide controller with the KMG APN 0159.

Attachments

• 143618.pdf
    166.3 KB · Views: 6
Not sure why I cannot get search result on Newmar's Catalog Shop search.
I found it in the Newpar catalog for $215 - but it’s a clumsy, primitive catalog so it takes some looking. I tried posting a link but it takes you to a generic page. Try searching on “PSO Motor Control” under your year and model. This is what you’ll find:
AF15D0C7-FA60-4204-82EF-2BB2C3B3F450.png422533B8-A74C-4E38-B536-57D34B627C4C.png

The problem with the one on Ebay is that it might be an 11 amp or 15 amp version. The one they sold me has the 21/35 sticker on it denoting 21-35amps as does the one I noted above. The one on Ebay might be any of the three - might be fine and it might not.

I just asked the seller if his is the 21-35 amp. It seems strange that there would be different amp ratings for these with the same model number.

Thank you for your help. Obviously, I'd rather pay his price than Newmar's.

Latest resources

Back