RV Model
Nimbus CE
RV Length
38’
TOW/TOAD
Ford Escape Hybrid
Fulltimer
Yes
I’m comparing Ventanas and Dutch Stars. Dutch Stars have the radiators on the side making it easier to get to the engine. Ventanas have the radiator in the back. How easy (or difficult) is it to get to the engine on a Ventana? Thank you for your help.

The process itself is pretty easy but it can be painful when you have to do it.

Step 1: Remove wallet from back pocket
Step 2: Remove credit card from wallet
Step 3: Hand credit card to service advisor
Step 4: Wince as service advisor swipes credit card
Step 5: Return credit card to wallet
Step 6: Return wallet to back pocket.
Step 7: Return to seat wondering why back pocket feels lighter even though it has the same mass as it did when you entered.

I’m comparing Ventanas and Dutch Stars. Dutch Stars have the radiators on the side making it easier to get to the engine. Ventanas have the radiator in the back. How easy (or difficult) is it to get to the engine on a Ventana? Thank you for your help.
Welcome to RVF, @Libreader; glad to have you here. We've had a Ventana in the past and now have a side-radiator Mountain Aire. For everyday stuff like checking engine oil, the rear-mountain radiator really doesn't cause any issues. For more extensive work, the side-mounted radiator allows far easier access.

TJ

A rear mounted radiator makes things more difficult. Something as simple as a serpentine belt change requires crawling on the ground and contorting oneself. Another thing to consider when comparing those two models is the DS' generator is on a slide.

I like having the rear radiator which gives me two more compartments left/aft for storage which there is never enough of. Are you planning to do all of your own maintenance? It just depends on your setup, obviously FL has no problem servicing the engine every year. I had a head gasket replaced by Cummins (under warranty) and they removed the radiator to access for the service. I don't think the radiator should in any way be a decision point between coaches. It should be about floor plan, features that one may have over another (floor heat?) and then customer service and warranty if buying new. Brand reputation is important as well.

Latest resources

Back