Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Caperss

RVF Newbee
Hello to everyone on the forum, it's my pleasure to be here surrounded by people who live the life I'm trying my hardest to get to. Like most Im very new and need to start someplace, this is it. I'm 62 getting ready to retire in 5 yrs or less. I'm planning to sell or rent my house at the golf club and begin the next chapter. I know just about nothing. I'm stuck between 5th wheel and class A. I know they both have ups and downs to each but with the forums help I'll get there.

Welcome to RVF, @Caperss; glad you're here. Since you have a few years, let me suggest that you start attending RV shows and visiting dealer lots now. Leave your checkbook and credit cards home. :ROFLMAO:

Walk through as many RVs as you possibly can. Take lots of notes on what you like and what you don't. See as many different types of RVs as you can even though you think you are focused on 5th wheels and Class As. You never know what might catch your eye. And, come back here with your questions. We'll do our best to answer them.

When you finally get to the point of being ready to buy, you will be well-informed and capable of making your final decision.

TJ

Last edited:
Welcome!

Welcome. Take your time. You have 5 years to look, test drive and decide what you would like to do with it. Many of us did not get it right until the third RV. Somewhat expensive.

We just went through the exact same thing. After years of pop-ups, trailers and toy haulers we settled with the Class A diesel pusher. IMHO with auto leveling its easier/faster to set up and its more convenient while traveling. We love our Class A.

Latest resources

Back