PHend0
RVF Newbee
- Joined
- Sep 29, 2026
- Messages
- 1
- Location
- United Kingdom
- RV Make
- Auto-Trail
- RV Model
- Expedition 68
- RV Length
- 6.4m
- Fulltimer
- No
Hi All - my first post!
We are from the UK where we have a campervan. We are visiting our children who are studying at Quinnipiac, Hamden CT and Lowell MA. Looking for advice on where we can overnight for little or no cost (I think that's what you guys call Boondocking).
Are there any safe bets? I hear Walmart mentioned as somewhere you can park up overnight. Also, in the UK, if you eat at a restaurant they will often let you use their parking overnight for free - is that a thing in the US? In the UK there are websites specifically for restaurants that offer this, are there any US ones?
Also, if anyone has any specific suggestions in those areas of CT and MA, I'd love to hear them. We'd generally prefer places that are more rural than in towns, but pretty flexible as camping is not the reason for our trips.
Thank you!
We are from the UK where we have a campervan. We are visiting our children who are studying at Quinnipiac, Hamden CT and Lowell MA. Looking for advice on where we can overnight for little or no cost (I think that's what you guys call Boondocking).
Are there any safe bets? I hear Walmart mentioned as somewhere you can park up overnight. Also, in the UK, if you eat at a restaurant they will often let you use their parking overnight for free - is that a thing in the US? In the UK there are websites specifically for restaurants that offer this, are there any US ones?
Also, if anyone has any specific suggestions in those areas of CT and MA, I'd love to hear them. We'd generally prefer places that are more rural than in towns, but pretty flexible as camping is not the reason for our trips.
Thank you!