Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Very interesting situation here and I'm not sure what's going on. My AT&T cell phone has good signal strength and good speeds with 26 down. I have WiFi off as the LTE will be the best connection for the phone. For some reason the Pepwave cannot get an IP address from AT&T and shows 4 bars. I'm not sure if this is an 8.0.2 firmware bug so I'm going to try booting into 8.0.1 and see what happens. I've tried my array of antennas including weboost and paddles, no luck.

Verizon is good enough, around 5-10 down and hardly anything on the upload side. I'm using the antenna shroud panorama antenna, I tried no antenna, and I noticed when the MiFi 8800 was dangling outside the AV box hanging by the USB charge cable it showed 4 bars vs 2 bars in the cabinet. I thought hmm, this may be good, but no real change in speeds.

Sprint is no go on roaming.

AT&T seems the best here but I can't get the pepwave to connect. Will keep tinkering, even tried rebooting the pepwave.

Edit: 8.0.1 no change, back to 8.0.2

Last edited:
Verizon sim moved out of MiFi 8800 and inserted into BR1 MINI. Download speed doubled (16+), still terrible upload. I'll take it!

Verizon sim moved out of MiFi 8800 and inserted into BR1 MINI. Download speed doubled (16+), still terrible upload. I'll take it!
You are lucky to get anything on Verizon. Verizon coverage map say Wahweap RV campground with no coverage.
Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 7.38.40 PM.jpg

Just wish I could get AT&T to connect. Not sure why the phone connects but PW does not get an IP address.

vzw.png

Yeah, I was told on arrival tonight/tomorrow for the snow followed by rain. I'll take it and enjoy the holiday spirit.

I figured out the AT&T issue. If I check the data roam option then I can connect. Speeds are good, better than Verizon. The panorama on the air conditioner cover is doing better than the short lead panorama. When I do a speed test I'm still showing on the AT&T network so I'll have to figure out if I'm roaming or not. Oddly my iPhone X which connects great to AT&T doesn't indicate roaming so not sure if it's really roaming or just connecting to another network that AT&T is partnered with in this area. I'll have to check my accounts on AT&T and see if there is any indication of higher fees or actual roaming going on.

roaming.png

There is also no "R" symbol on the connection in the pepwave which indicates roaming. Sprint shows it here.

There is also no "R" symbol on the connection in the pepwave which indicates roaming. Sprint shows it here.
Welcome to my world in the rural western states. Always looking for a little bandwidth. Since you have all three carriers, running with a variety of equipment and living full time you should be able to write the book.

I've been monitoring my data with AT&T to make sure I'm not actually roaming as I've googled bad things with Mobley and roaming. I don't show any roaming info and even while I had to enable that checkbox the connection doesn't have an R for roaming, nor does my cell phone on AT&T show Roaming. Odd but happy, been getting great speeds here and normal use. Watched netflix as well. Whew!!

att-speed.png

Latest resources

Back