• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Wahweap CG, Lake Powell (Page) AZ

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
And when Neil looks out the window here is the view. First image static screen shot this AM. Second image live web cam shot.

ww2.jpg

ww2.jpg

Very nice! Where is that coming from?

Never got the snow :( Wait, cancel that! That will make it snow on departure day!

As we continue to explore the now "ancient" technology of cellular modems I am trying to spin up on the future of mobile data communication. SpaceX is not releasing much information about Starlink but some very smart people are reverse engineering data found in FCC filings about the new Starlink network. Here is an excellent video discussing Starlink topography. New information for me in this video is that Starlink will actually have potential speeds in excess of ground based glass fiber when the first phase is deployed.

Any idea how many in total are going to be deployed? I sure hope they can handle the demand. Worried about what this is going to cost for any decent speeds.

Worried about what this is going to cost for any decent speeds.
You are driving an expensive, highly modified Newmar motorhome and you're worried about cost, I heard someone say. :rolleyes:

TJ

Any idea how many in total are going to be deployed? I sure hope they can handle the demand. Worried about what this is going to cost for any decent speeds.
t

They are talking about 12,000 eventually for world wide coverage. Apparently with 1,000 they will be able to get competitive speeds and coverage over North America. There are several more launches in the next few months so they are chipping away at the 1,000 goal pretty fast.

You are driving an expensive, highly modified Newmar motorhome and you're worried about cost, I heard someone say. :rolleyes:

Touche haha

Seems like I left a mark?

Latest resources

Back