Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

sheilar1848

RVF Regular
I hit a deer. Easily 150 lb doe on an overpass of 35. Don't ask what she was doing up there..beats the s... out me. But totally wrecked front end of our 2020 Winnie Horizon. Now 3 weeks later Winnebago finally has all the parts. You have no idea how hard it is for me to wait this long. But hoping that work will commence either tomorrow or next day. Probably take 3 weeks. This is the only BAD part of full time.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, but I think many of us really do know hard it is to wait in these situations. We've been there and it isn't easy...or fun...to wait for repairs that keep us from enjoying our RV. Hopefully, things will go quickly and smoothly. Best wishes.

TJ

Animals/deer are my biggest fear. I've had enough near misses in cars. I've had 2-3 close calls already in the RV. Hope you can get back on the road soon.

Sorry to hear of your experience. My first MH spent a year in various shops in the first four years of ownership. Needless to say I am not known for my patience either. Let's hope the time passes quickly for you and you will quickly be back enjoying your rig.

Sorry that happened to you. Glad you’re okay and the damage is repairable. Here’s to a speedy recovery done right for the Winnie!

I hate waiting. sorry about the mishap.
I try not to drive from sundown to sunup, Then I can see them, except most of them are bedded down for the day when I drive.
My truck was one hour old from picking it up, and I was in the forest camping. Spent most of the day working out the deal, so the sun had set. Long story short I broke my rule about times to drive and on the way back to the rig I just missed one, with truck with less than 40 miles on it I was glad I missed it. Most of the deer I just missed were night drives, but not all. The advantage is during day light you can see them.

I hate waiting. sorry about the mishap.
I try not to drive from sundown to sunup, Then I can see them, except most of them are bedded down for the day when I drive.
My truck was one hour old from picking it up, and I was in the forest camping. Spent most of the day working out the deal, so the sun had set. Long story short I broke my rule about times to drive and on the way back to the rig I just missed one, with truck with less than 40 miles on it I was glad I missed it. Most of the deer I just missed were night drives, but not all. The advantage is during day light you can see them.
Since becoming a "senior" a decade ago, I quit driving at night as well. Think all of us should. But this was 10 am. Deer should have been asleep.

I live on a golf course in a rural area. Deer are not asleep at night. They are everywhere and take cat naps in the rough of the course. I have to send one of the dogs out to get them out of my yard where they eat everything, at least two times a week. Unfortunately they also eat under cover of darkness.

Latest resources

Back