Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

0leman

RVF Newbee
We acquired a 2017 RoadTrek Agile last summer. Enjoyed several trips with it. I found and joined this group recently and have found some help in some issues.

Now my problem, I put it away when the snows started last fall. Now I am trying to get it ready for a trip in a week or two. I am having problems with getting the Ecotrek batteries to turn on. According to what I read in the owner manual; one should go for a couple hour drive with the Ecotrek battery switch on to warm up the batteries. Then one should be able to, I assume, press the reset button to cause the battery to be charged. Is the correct? I have gone for a little over an hour and half ride, and no joy getting the batteries to turn on. What am I doing wrong? I will check back in later today or tomorrow to see if anyone has any good words.

Could be a dead cell in the batteries. Could be that the battery voltage has dropped too low for the recharge device to "recognize" the battery. A small temporary "helper" battery can assist here to get things to be recognized and then recharging can occur.

Get a small $160.00-ish Harbor Freight solar panel kit and install it - mind numbingly easy to do. Then your batteries will love you and be ready to serve you at any time.

One last point - 12 volt lead acid batteries DESPISE being deeply discharged. This takes months or even years off of their useful lives and they die a death that is far too young. Get those solar panels going - save money on replacing expensive coach batteries - and get a start on small time operations without shore power.

Rick

Follow up:
I contacted the folks who sold me the Van. They were very helpful. They said that I need to check the battery under the hood, as it activates the charging system. I did check it. Only had 3 volts of power. So off to the auto parts store to get a new battery, tomorrow when the temps get above 35. I am starting to learn about this Van.

This winter is just not stopping. Need spring and warmth.

Latest resources

Back