Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Roadtrek SS Agile BBQ hook up resolved!!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Travelling Ken

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Roadtrek
RV Model
ss agile
RV Length
Chassis
mercedes benz
Engine
4cyc disel
TOW/TOAD
Hello Everyone, Thanks for all the responses to my dilemma. I did indeed find the answer from another thread posted by Wreakcruiser. On Amazon, GasSaf sells a 6 or 12 foot quick connect propane hose for Rv grills with a 1/4" female quick disconnect on one end ( goes to RV BBQ quick connect) and a 1 lb. cylinder connect on the other end ( goes to the Blackstone existing regulator on griddle). The 12' hose set up is about $22.00. Once aqain, Thank you to everyone that chimed in. So I ordered the part and will report back if and only if it doesn't work. Ken

This is the answer...yours will work also. But you don't have 15 in WC at any point in your camper. The main regulator should drop it to about 11...

Attachments

• 20230830_170836.jpg
    20230830_170836.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
Hello The Look, I tried to setup in your photo and the pressure was too high. As I stated in another post, according to the Roadtrek SS Agile owner's manual, the BBQ quick connect has a psi of 15 ans the Blackstone 17" travel griddle require 0.40 psi. With the hose with the one pound cylinder connection, I will be able to use the supplied regulator that came the Blackstone. In your photo, there is no regulator. I do not know what the psi is in other RV BBQ quick connects so your photo might work else where. Thanks for the suggestion, Ken

Propane is not measured in PSI but inches of water column. It may be 15 psi but I never check psi. I am using the fitting you see on a Blackstone.....no one makes a propane system with their own pressure.....it is universal. They may make one that has another regulator that lowers the pressure, but not the main regulator on the tanks....11 inches WC.....

Hello The Look, Once again

Hello The Look, Once again i tried your suggestion and used a direct quick hook up. Please see the below attached page from my 2015 Roadtrek SS Agile owners', manual where it states the the BBQ quick hook up is 15 psi and that some appliances may need an additional regulator. Presently, I am waiting for a delivery from Amazon for the hose I mentioned above so as to install the existing regulator that came with the Blackstone 17" griddle. When I tried to hook up direct this morning, the proppane pressure was so great that it would not ignite with the clicker but did light with a lighter. The flame was just too large. Thank you for you imput. By the way, Blackstone help line told me to do the same thing you suggested. I will post back after I rfeceive the hose from Amazon Ken
IMG 2444

Attachments

• IMG_2444.jpg
    IMG_2444.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
Well traveling Ken, you have a unicorn and one that would fail any national specification testing. I think Blackstone knows is thing or 2 about propane....but you just do you. Over and out

Well traveling Ken, you have a unicorn and one that would fail any national specification testing. I think Blackstone knows is thing or 2 about propane....but you just do you. Over and out
Hello the Look, Perhaps in Canada back in 2015 they were allowed to build them with 15 psi at the BBQ hook up. I wouldn't know that answer. But I do know that with the second regulator that came with my Blackstone griddle and the specfic quick connect, my griddle does indeed work. Bottom line, for me that what matters. In my investigation of this issue, I discovered that high and low pressure grills are made and sometimes as the Roadtrek manual stated ( see prior post attachement) you need a second regulator. Thanks once again for you help, Ken

Latest resources

Back