• Commercial/Vendors welcome

want to add Solar for 12 volt fridge

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Not sure without seeing the specs but in general, low volts equals high amps and vice versa. There is no free lunch or everything would be 12 volts. Only way to tell is turn it on and put an amp meter on it.

A bit late to this question, sorry - 400 watts of solar , on a sunny day ( for 6-7 hours?) , will provide close to 20 amps charging per hour to your batteries. If your fridge is actually drawing 11 amps ( that's suspicious) it would consume 264 amps a day, compared to 120 amps from the solar panels... anyone else think 11amps is not likely accurate?
The 11 amp draw is only during defrost cycle I've been told. I did a test and ran off of just the solar and LA batteries. Went for 5 days without the batteries going below 52 percent. Could do even better with Lifepo4 batteries.
Mel

Our East to West Alta has the upgraded 170 watt package(50 watt and 120 watt panels). So far we haven't had a problem but we've had sunny days. The battery does drop below full in the early morning. I want to add another panel for quicker charges and cloudy days.

Latest resources

Back